main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Terrible speeds

2: Seeker

Great speeds tonight vodaphone,and im synched at 60Mbps

View more options
14 REPLIES

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/7103745261

Mmmm, back up to normal speeds this morning

View more options

View more options

Slow Again,getting ridiculous this

View more options

Back up to speed again...seems to be a pattern here

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem. It happens every weekday between 6pm and midnight.

I've spoken to the technical dept and they keep saying to plug my lead into the master socket but I don't have one as mine is a perminant master socket with built in filters.

My conclusion is they are slowing it down at peak times. My only option is to cancel as they promised me 32Ggs minimum on a 72 GBS line.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch with us @nuggies5. It's weird seeing the pattern of your speeds like that. I'd like to look further into this. Please see the private message that i've just sent to you and follow the instructions on how to contact our team directly.

View more options

Glad it’s not just me. This issue has been dogging me for weeks now. Great ping and speeds up until about 5pm and then all of a sudden my speeds crash and my ping is through the roof. 

My ping has been as high 500ms, so online gaming? Forget it! Recently, the speeds I’ve been getting have even made streaming from the likes of Netflix and Sky Go impossible.

Tech support are useless. I was promised a message from the tech team 72 hours after reporting the issues over a week ago...I’m still waiting. 

Ive given up the ghost now and signed up with BT. They current have an offer on paying up your cancellation fees of up to £300 - not that that would stop me, I’d pay £300 just to be able to have a router that doesn’t constant drop connection, and receive consisten speeds that allow me to stream services that I pay an awful lot of money for.

Check out the difference in these two Speedtests from different times yesterday - see if you can guess which one was done before 6pm!

Sorry, photos don’t seem to have attached...probably my shoddy internet!

4: Newbie

Me to. Can't stream anything, Web pages take ages to load and speed test tonight was 1.83mb down and 10mb up, earlier on today I was showing at 52/16 on speed test but pages still take a while to load, seems to get worse after 6, I'm Deffo thinking of jumping ship. I'm supposed to be on 76/20 but when I changed from BT 52mb, my speed never changed and I know I can get 73mb as I have had it before, but Vodafone refuse to help as my router is sync at above min guarantee speed

View more options

Check out this BT webpage (of you can load it due to sub-standard VF broadband!):

BT will pay your cancellation fees to switch (up to £300).

i went through live chat with bt and they’ve confirmed the offer is live. I jumped ship immediately...not sir ding one more minute than necessary with this bunch of cowboys!

http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-has-never-been-easier-11363926763644

View more options

My speeds have always slowed down over time, even after sending 5 engineers out they can't find the problem. Everyone say there is an issue as the line test at 98mbs (limited to 80) but over a few weeks it goes down to mid 50s.

Over the last few days broadband has been diabolical down to 3mbs even tought synced ay 57. Tonight is really crap again, and I'm fully wired with etehernet cable not using wifi at all.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 22.30.17.jpeg

View more options

Same here, last night it was terrible. This morning all is back to normal but I'm worried it will happen again each night.Screenshot_20180307-065350.jpg

View more options
4: Newbie

I have used the bt cancellation fee before, i also used the Vodafone one as I left bt a month early so had  fees that Voda paid.  

View more options

Vodaphone rang me at weekend,was told to supply speedtests ,which i have ,but miracously my speed has returned to what they should be,dont know if they have done something there end or not.

will keep monitoring all the same.

View more options