Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Throttling!

stoneblade
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Right I've had enough of the bad service from Vodafone.  Last few weeks I have had issues with video streaming from, especially Netflix.  I have done some tests and found that I am being throttled.  I have contacted Netflix who have said that their service is running perfectly so has to be Vodafone.  Speaking to someone on their chat they have no idea what they are talking about and keep fobbing me off.  Restart the router, reset the router, change DNS!  Nothing they say works.  Now they are blaming the streaming services!

I tested on fast.com (which is run on netflix servers) a few times both with raw connection and then through a VPN.  Each time the speed on raw connection was around 6.9Mbps which is no where near enough for UHD.  Via the VPN I am getting 45Mbps.  Vodafone are telling me that they don't throttle any of their systems and this also states it in my contract.  But this has been happening for over 2 weeks!

Is anyone else having issues with video streaming and throttling?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ajackson1707
4: Newbie

My connection has depleted significantly the past few weeks also. It’s getting to the point where I am using my phones data connection instead for my devices as the broadband is unreliable. I have been using streaming services without issue and now I can barely load websites let alone bloody streaming videos! 

If your getting issues on normal data aswell I would say it's more congestion on the network. Vodafone have been pulling in loads of customers in past few months and has clogged their network and made it painfully slow. You should try a free vpn service like windscribe to see if they have throttled you like me.

This morning I have checked again without vpn and back to full speed.