Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unusable Evening WIFI Speed

vp1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently switched from Sky to Vodafone on 3-3-20 and all was going fairly well until 4 days ago when I noticed the WIFI speed was next to nothing one evening. At first I put it down to the 10 day period but this has now happened every evening since so is certainly not that. The speed to my PC does drop a bit (ethernet connection) but every other device in the house becomes unusable, Sky Q boxes drop connection and a simple speed test using a mobile phone won't even load and if I'm lucky and it does the speed is barely over 1mb. My sync speed is fine (54.4mb) and never decreses during the evening.

As I'm still within my 14 days I'm seriously considering leaving and going back to Sky as never had a problem with them other than the price of course.

6 REPLIES 6

Cmundo1972
2: Seeker

Same for me there is something going on in the evenings. Mark my words Vodafone will DENY that there is a central issue, but that's what it is! Shameful company.

Same here but I am now in my third month and I want to cancel but how !!

Luckily I'm still in the 14 days so have gone back to sky and will switch over on the 27th.

Do I need to let Vodafone know or does it work the same as any other switch where you just let your new provider do everything for you?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@samory @Cmundo1972 If you're experiencing issues with your speeds at certain times we advise changing your Wi-Fi channel over 48 hours to see whether this improves things for you during those times. If this doesn't do the trick, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your Community username and a link to your post on the thread here. We'll then be able to jump straight into resolving things for you. 

@vp1979 It's a shame to see that you're now leaving us - your new provider will request all your info from us to switch over to them.

Change wifi channel lol, impossible,  app will not connect and tge change wifi channel has been removed from the router homepage.

notaguru

Hey everyone, not sure if you have already done this but I was having major issues come 5PM. Nothing would work but noticed all was fine when I jumped on the VPN. Then I just thought whats different was thinking traffic shaping at first but then I just thought lets try changing the DNS servers to google and it worked. So in the router under DNS servers just change them to googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) that seems to of done the trick for me. So I think its just that Vodafones DNS servers are being overloaded with all the extra usage at the moment