Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upload Speed

adapsys
2: Seeker

Hi everyone, I have the full fibre 100Mbps package and I’m getting good download speeds but under 1Mbps upload. Has anyone else had this issue? I spent two hours on the phone with tech support and they don’t know the cause. Unfortunately I don’t have a computer with a network port to test it directly with the router.

6 REPLIES 6

gipjon
16: Advanced member

what speed should you be getting 

100Mbps upload and download

gipjon

If you split the wifi so you have 5g and 2g, 

do you still get around 1 meg on 5g and on 2g 

HTTP://192.168.1.1 the password in under the router

also is this the same on other devices connect 

Appreciate the tip. Quick update on what happened. So after 3 hours on the phone to technical support with no resolution the upload speed suddenly fixed itself two days later.

However the customer service was so bad I cancelled the contract (which took over an hour on the phone) and I’m very glad to be leave Vodafone behind. This was the worse experience I’ve had with any company.

chadvik

Uploading speeds will normally be between 10% and 25% of the downloading speed but this varies with different ISPs.

Jayach

@chadvik wrote:

Uploading speeds will normally be between 10% and 25% of the downloading speed but this varies with different ISPs.

Sorry but that is not correct. There is no difference on upload and download speeds on CityFibre FTTP.

On Openreach FTTP the speeds are set by Openreach not the ISP. On FTTC both speed will depend on the copper between the cabinet and your home. Once again that is down to Openreach, although some ISPs may set limits on both for marketing purposes.