Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upload speed very slow

Morefly
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My broadband upload speed is worse now on fibre than it was on standard broadband.  It is now at 0.8mb.

I have checked the router sync speed and this is confirmed.  I also noticed that the DSL noise is high at 9.4db and 13.1db.  

I have tried online chat but no resolution was found just suggested it wasa wifi problem which it clearly is not.

Can this issue be looked into please?

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If your SNR is high it means your noise is low because it a ratio. Can you even have noise on fibre?

Edit: Do you mean FTTC or FTTP?

The mods will just suggest you use social networks to contact Vodafone, but first have you tried a hard wired speedtest? What are your sync speeds?

Could you post the line stats from your router.

I do not have any devices that have an ethernet port.

The router shows sync speeds of 35.1mb/s and 0.9mb/s

The connection is not full fibre.  It is copper or aluminium from the cabinet.

Jayach

Have you tried with the router connected to the test socket (If you have one)?

New master socket fitted just before I joined Vodafone.  It does not have a test socket.  No extensions connected.

I am trying to contact Vodafone via messenger but no joy. Online chat is not much help. 

Thanks for the reply.

Hi

OR BT n5 socket.png

Hopefully the above helps.

Jayach

Any new socket fitted in the last few years should have a test socket.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

Do you have any extensions?

I wouldn't bother with social media, just call them (you will be waiting for some time but at least you get to speak to someone, it's better than waiting for days wondering if someone has read your tweet/message)

They will need to run some tests.

Have you got a contact number please?

Perhaps 0808 003 45 15

Jayach

I used  0808 003 4515. Still took 3 months to get my problem fixed and we had to have Openreach out twice but we got there. Once you have a fault logged they will text you another phone number which will take you to 2nd line.