main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very Low Download Speeds - 0.2 Mbit/s to 7 Mbit/s on 80 Mbit/s FTTC

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Please could a Vodafone Rep help and assist with my issue?

When I download on my 80 Mbit/s Vodafone Home Broadband, I getting appallingly lows speeds, even when connected to the router by Ethernet cable.

For Just one example - If try to download the latest Raspberry Pi operating system image from the UK server on my main PC connected by cable, it only downloads at between 200 to 500 Kb/s (0.2 to 0.5 Mb/s and says it will take an hour to download.

However If I Tether this same PC to my mobile phone on a 4G connection with GiffGaff  I can download it at 6 Mb/s.

The best Download speed I have experienced recently on my 80 Mbit/s Vodafone Broadband is around 7 Mbits/s when Downloading iTunes for Windows at around 7 Mbits/s. However most downloads and updates are much slower, averaging around 3 Mbits/s or less. Many many downloads or updates are much less than this at 1 Mbit/s or less.

Please could you help with this Vodafone?

Many Thanks in advance.

Mark 

View more options
57 REPLIES 57
View more options
12: Established

try using single.speedtest.com for single thread/download speedtests

View more options

It appears that speedtest.net do do a single thread speedtest now themselves.

This is the single thread test to Vodafone london server.

a

View more options

I am sure they will say there is a fault with that test server and to use another one 

Obviously its not working very well, see my results.vf3.PNG

View more options
5: Helper

The issue's you are having is exactly the same as I am experiencing.  single thread downloads speeds are getting greatly reduced.

There are way's round it at the moment , but vodafone should be able to help get to the route of the problem and resolve it very quickly.

View more options

@MarkFromPompey Hi there, we'd be more than happy to investigate this issue for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will be in touch as soon as they can. Joe

View more options
.   Hi Joe, Many thanks, I have completed the form.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Mark
View more options

@Rodney-Trotter - Yes indeed 

I'm getting 25.6 Mbps with that same test and server on my phone on giffgaff's 4G 

And 69 Mbps on my PC at work less than half a mile from were live

View more options

@Joe Moderator or other member of Vodafone Team - I have emailed my morning, afternoon & evening speed tests, over 24 hours ago, to the Tech Team ( Level 2, coverged, glasgow) as they requested. I have not heard anything back from them.

Please would you have an update on this?

Many thanks

Mark

View more options
5: Helper

@markfrompompey

I emailed similar tests over a week ago to Tech Level 3.  Zero response so far.

You are maybe in for a long wait I am afraid.

Don't be surprised when they finally contact you via phone that they need further tests from you

Wait for it........the standard forums scripted response from vodafone asking to private message them incoming

View more options

@Shooto - Thanks for the info  

View more options

I was told at 12.30-ish today on the telephone I would get a call back from the tech guy at 16:00.... I waited till 17:30, but no call. So I  called them.... According to their Rep. My Line was being work on at the time, so the Tech Guy could not call me for another hour... So I asked him, Will YOU Guarantee me I will get a call in the next hour or two? ... He Guaranteed me I would get a telephone call from the Tech Guy within this Time..... It is now 20:30, Not heard a thing! ........... What a load of Rubbish!!!! Maybe they get themselves a proper job were they do not have lie to everyone every day!!!! 

View more options

WOW! It's like a Monty Python Sketch...................

This Parrot is definitely alive Sir......... I saw it move.......... No you didn't.............  hahahahahahaha

View more options
View more options

I Will add one thing here in ALL FAIRNESS!!!!.... Out of MANY MANY phone calls I have made to Vodafone, At least 3 of of the Vodafone staff I have spoken to on the Phone, REALLY DID WANT TO HELP!!! They did realise the problem and did truely wanted to help... They did do their best!!! Unfornunately the final solution for them was totally out of their hands.............. They did do their best. I Give them 100% Credit for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, What got my GOAT UP was the ones that Guanteed me I would get phone calls and I could tell by the sounds of their voice that it wasn't true........ And the ONEs that hide away on this Community and Don't do their Job.... Stand up and do your Customer Service Job!!!!!!!!!! And if YOU are NOT up to it!!! Change YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Don't lie to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

View more options

@MarkFromPompey The Technical Special will be back in touch as soon as they can. They may be waiting for an update from our Third line team.  If you've not heard from them by Monday, please contact us again. Joe

View more options

@Shooto wrote:

You are maybe in for a long wait I am afraid.

Don't be surprised when they finally contact you via phone that they need further tests from you

and what they normally do is phone you when you can't answer the phone & leave you a VM saying "no fault.  We're closing the ticket, sync speed is fine", and then you have to start all over again.

View more options

@MarkFromPompey wrote:

I Will add one thing here in ALL FAIRNESS!!!!.... Out of MANY MANY phone calls I have made to Vodafone, At least 3 of of the Vodafone staff I have spoken to on the Phone, REALLY DID WANT TO HELP!!! They did realise the problem and did truely wanted to help... They did do their best!!! Unfornunately the final solution for them was totally out of their hands.............. They did do their best. I Give them 100% Credit for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, What got my GOAT UP was the ones that Guanteed me I would get phone calls and I could tell by the sounds of their voice that it wasn't true........ 

You believe they have done their best.. you are a happy customer thinking the problem might be fixed, however the chances are that little, if at all anything is really being done to progress customer issues.

Front line staff are paid to keep customers happy, rather than specifically solve issues.  Think about it, if asked in a survey after a "good" phone call, how would you answer the question "would you recommend VF to a friend?"  the objective is to get that score, nothing else!

View more options

The last CS staff I spoke to (to get my early termination charge!) was very pleasant and did acknowledge that she was only empowered to do basic CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) /line checks - so I didn't mind explaining to her how xDSL and traffic management worked for a few minutes!

I haven't even tried technical support again after initial calls for precisely the reasons you mention that they don't understand the cause of the problem here.

Complaints haven't even acknowledged my 2 online submissions 72 hours apart, so I'm compiling the evidence of the fault and lack of engagement to try a written complaint to recover my early termination charge instead!

View more options