main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow broadband speeds

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I’ve noticed that my broadband speed in the evening is very slow. My connection is showing as excellent but I’m unable to stream or browse the net (currently on my data). To overcome these issues I’ve been using my mobile has a hotspot.

i download Speedtest app and ran it. Unbelievably the speed came back as download of 0.08mbps and uploads of 0.00; with an extender it improved to 0.10 download and uploads at 0.00 still

Pretty annoyed with this now as I’ve only had my broadband for a couple of weeks now

View more options
88 REPLIES 88
4: Newbie

Hi. I too am having the same issues. Seems to drop down to nothing around 8pm every evening. Can’t stream anything or even browse the web. Totally useless at the moment. Currently getting 7mpbs on a 53mbps connection. 

View more options

Hi @RankinC,

That's not good to hear.

Has your speeds remained the same or has this just been the one evening?

View more options
2: Seeker

Same problem here. 0.1 Mbps on a 38Mbps connection. Completely unusable.

View more options

Hi Dane,

It’s been like this for the past week, it’s only yesterday I downloaded the speedtest after researching the issues. Tried running it tonight and I have to be in the same room as the router, got a 15mbps download.

as soon as I step upstairs (3 bedroom terraced house) I get “rest failed to complete” even though my signal is showing full coverage

View more options

It’s up and down. All will be ok in the morning. Not happy with the answers from the phone support. They need to read the forum and understand that many people are having the same issues. If work is being done in the background then tell us. 

View more options
5: Helper

Just needs someone to take a look at other ISP's websites and they would see the service indicators / known problem solutions they've implemented and as you say Longy71 users would feel that their problems were being dealt with.

View more options

Ive had the same experience. 

If you click on the "View More Options" button at the bottom of this message  you can see my tracked speeds over the last week. I Contacted Vodafone about and was apparently escalated to the engineering department but have yet to hear back from anyone a week later.

I wouldn't hpd out much hope bar moving comapany.

View more options

Finallay had a customer service person call me back from Vodafone.

I was told that slow speeds are from congestion of other Vodafone users and if i wanted a better connection within the next 2 months it would be better for me if i left for another provider. 

I was also told that due to the bad service there would be no penalty fee for moving though and the transition should be fairly painless. So Tech might not have got back to me but it was good to finally have someone from Vodafone contact me.

View more options

So they’re admitting their service is not up to scratch and to join another provider.

im giving this another go tonight before I contact tech. Running at 0.08mbps because I’m upstairs is awful delivery of a product

View more options

Yes, they do. I spoke to another person trying to get hold of Tech 2 and was told that Vodafone has gone through a large expansion and is not keeping up with it, service wise.

Good luck getting hold of Tech. I've been waiting to get hold of them since the 21/02/18. When I asked the person who just called me about talking to tech i was told "It'll take 72 hours". It has been a long 72 hours...

View more options

Oh, as a quick note. the only reason i was contacted today was that i called the cancallations dept. last night.

Using the links that are given you here by the community management, contacting the web chat team or calling them won't work.

View more options

@RankinC @Longy71 @SellyOakBlade Sorry to hear you're all having similar issues with your broadband speeds. I understand how frustrating this can be and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

Are you getting these speeds on Wi-Fi, or do you get the same speeds on a wired connection too?

So we can forward your queries to our Broadband team, I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Lebowski101 It's disappointing to hear we've not been able to get this resolved for you and you'll be leaving. Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you do need help with anything at all in regards to your move.

View more options

Hi.

I noticed on Friday 23/02/2018 my broadband speed was slow i did a speed test and it was 0.8 download speed

i contacted vodafone who said it should be resolved with 72 hrs, when i tried Tuesday 27/02/2018 i was getting 2.82 download speed i contacted vodafone again i was told the Tech 2 team are working on the problem and i would be contacted when issue was resolved but wasnot given a time scale i was given a ticket no FLT08489743

i am paying for fibre speeds that i am not recieving.

View more options

These links might help:

Vodafone Scored pretty low on customer care.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/09/which-reveals-best-and-worst-broadband-providers/

A broadband Speed complaint form from Which.co.uk

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-about-your-broadband-speed

View more options

I too have only been with Vodafone for a couple months but already regretting the move.  Drop outs, low or even no download speeds, problems linking dLan adopters etc etc.  The list goes on.  Can't even figure out easily how to contact them or raise a ticket. 

Worst customer service of all the providers I've used so far. 

As said previously if work ongoing then put it right at the top of their broadband page and maybe we could understand.  After all as a company grows so does it's infrastructure 

View more options

@Andyb12 I'm sorry for the delay in resolving your query, so we can chase this for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

@Wishy14 If you're experiencing an ongoing issue, please contact our Broadband Live Chat team and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

View more options

@TJ please could you also message me the tech contact details. We only switched to Vodafone a couple of months ago, having had no problems at all with our previous Plusnet service. The irony of it is that we moved to Vodafone in order to access higher speeds for a similar price, but we're actually getting lower speeds now with you guys than we were getting on our 17mbps service before. If Vodafone is incapable (as is suggested in other responses to this thread) of providing acceptable usable speeds (whilst hiding behind its 'guarantee' which only relates to meaningless sync speeds) then I will do whatever I can to shift to a provider that can actually deliver. I look forward to hearing from you  

View more options

After getting poor speeds all day, 0.08 mbps I got fed up. I performed a factory reset on the router, deleted the Vodafone Broadband app. Everything has reconnected fine and I’m now getting speeds of 49.1 mbps, the only thing I haven’t done is reinstalled the Vodafone Broadband app. I will keep you all posted. All

my films have now downloaded, in minutes. Hmmmmm???

View more options

I ran the speedtest again this morning (Sunday) and got 34mbps, with no change in set-up versus last night, so it's not a hardware issue. Looks to me very much like a capacity issue at peak times. @longy71 Maybe most people had gone to bed by the time you did your factory reset?!  Vodafone, please update us all on expected peak time performance. Is a drop-off in the evenings something we're just going to be expected to accept and get used to? Thanks. 

View more options