main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow broadband speeds

3: Seeker

P. S. It seems my original reply to this thread didn't register (the broadband probably cut out!) so FWIW here's a summary: 0.08mbps speed through Saturday night, no other devices in use, could barely get Web pages to load, impossible to watch a film or catchup. Was actually getting 100x faster speed on 4G inside my house, despite sitting right next to the router. Vodafone app said we were getting 40.0mbps sync speed. LAN cable connection to TV made no difference. What's the deal Vodafone? 

View more options
5: Helper

Well I feel pretty fortunate compared to some of you members out there, slowest throughput I've managed was 8.53Mbps where outside of peak times I'm 35+Mbps (link sync speed has remained stable at 39.994Mbps) - It's definitely a loading issue which of course takes us around the circle, Initial provision - customers - monitoring - reporting - planning - upgrading - more customers etc etc. Did I dream it or did I post a comment somewhere to the effect of - could we have a facility to add throughput information on a page which would assist VF in locating really bad bottlenecks. I really can't believe that VF don't care about the bad press they get as eventually more and more people will vote with there feet.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also doing the same thing all weekend. I normally work weekends so when I get one off I like to use the internet. But just like in the evenings my download speed varies from 0.2 mbps to 8.9 mbps. As soon as midnight comes back up to around 30 on a 76mbps line. My upload speeds arn'e affected as they are always aroung 6-8 mbps.

Vodafone tech keep saying it's my problem not theres. Absolute joke of a company.

View more options

Hi sparts  I'm not 100% happy with the slowdown but most of the time I don't see it manifest as a real problem as I don't do that much large downloads / streaming (I only see it in results of speedtests) I presume you've raised an official complaint what's happening with that ?

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

okeycokey, the way you talk seems like you may work for vodafone. I would be grateful if you ddn't reply to any of my posts as you are no help whats so ever. I use the internet in the evenings as I am a semi-professional gamer so having my internet slow down between 1800-0000 is no good for me. I've never had this problem before so please don't make excuses for the joke of an isp like vodafone.

All I am looking to do now is switch back to BT. I'll bite the bullit and pay more money for better quality.

View more options

Does anyone here have any experiences of Zen Broadband they're willing to share? They seem to do pretty well in the customer service ratings. A bit pricier, but if the speeds are good and service is reliable I might take a look. 

View more options
4: Newbie

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Come on Vodafone, play the game and sort it out. Please. 

View more options

Yet another night that I’ve had to use my mobile has a hotspot due to the abysmal service on offer.

thankfully I have 20gb data but if that starts getting low then Vodafone i will expect a rebate  either on my phone bill or my broadband.  I’m  getting seriously p’d off now.

Full connected to the WiFi with all devices, speed test states it can’t connect to the server and none of my devices can access the internet.

View more options

Oh dear have I upset somebody by suggesting that an official complaint may be the way to get action, and if you're reading this post no I don't work for VF nor have I ever worked for them but I do have extensive experience of data communications and the main source of priority upgrade instructions were via the Chief Exec's office (ie complaints).

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet again no help, just trolling. 

View more options

Iv had mine a month and it same 

View more options

We all need to complain via their helpline. The more people that do, we may have a chance at getting it sorted or even getting out of our contracts. 

View more options

CF7BBC72-62EE-4762-809D-332FB95F5B7A.png

I’m on a 76mbps in morning I get good speed 

View more options
2: Seeker

Bt engineer just been out line speed was down he has reset connection all seems to be ok now getting download 33.98 upload 9.27 on phone laptop seems slower.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is at normal speed around 30mbps but wait till 6pm and it will drop again. For the last 2 weeks it's been the same every evening  still waiting for a call back from tech 2  

View more options

Out of interest, did they tell you to connect laptop directly to router before they would accept there was an issue?

View more options
Highlighted

No, I haven’t connected directly to the router mainly because I’m trying to stream to a firestick in my bedroom.

I may give it a go tonight and run a speed test and post my speeds

View more options

They wouldn’t progress my fault as I wouldn’t connect a laptop to the router. I told them my issues were with Wi-fi and at the same times every day. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I've been experiencing  a lot of issues. At first my router couldn't sync above 13 Mbps, I called the tech support who sent a field engineer to solve the problems in the line and he managed to fix the speed to 40 mbps. For some days I could have decent speedtest results at around 37 Mbps DL /9 Mbps UL. 

One or two days after the ticket was closed I started having the same issue as described on this thread. Although the router is sync at 40 Mbps, I can't get more than 0.09 Mbps DL on speedtest.  And this is going on all day, not just during busy hours. I can't even browse  webpages, its a terrible experience. 

I've called tech support again and did all the useless tests they suggested. Using WiFi, using network cable, removing the plate of the phone socket, trying different cables, trying different microfilters, different locations,  etc.. etc...

But without surprises nothing has actually improved, so they have escalated the problem to a second line of support. Even knowing there would be no practical effect in those tests I made them anyway because it seems like it's the only way to progress to a more qualified support team.

I'm currently waiting for them to troubleshoot, but if nothing improves I'll have no other option but to move away from Vodafone. 

If things do improve I'll share the experience here.

View more options

Thanks. We will all be grateful. 

View more options