main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow broadband speeds

5: Helper

I believe this is hot off the presses although it doesn't take effect for a year ISPs will only have 30 days to fix slow speed but I bet it doesn't apply to throughput only sync speed.  https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2018/03/ofcom-rules-that-broadband-contracts-can-be-cancel...

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently on to the UN-tech dept as I type this. The last fault I spoke to them about they closed down with no outcome saying there was nothing wrong with the line.

I am now getting offered a free month so now I don't have to pay to not use the internet.

They have said I can cancel without termination fee's if they can't fix it within 72 hours, so that means I will be cancelling without fee's.

Please let me know if you can recommend any other isp's

Thanks

View more options
4: Newbie

I hope that the Tech 2 team make me the 72 hour promise if they ever contact me(still waiting on 2 promised calls), my throughput tonight from wired and wireless devices is 330kbps.

View more options
3: Seeker

I should have Fibre 76, and this is what I got right now:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7113640304

And the best part is that 2nd line support has closed my ticked today claiming thet they fixed this issue!

is someone from this forum able to help?

View more options

Your briliant team just disconnected my call after 43 minutes of waiting....

View more options

This mine all nite but now past 12am I am getting 60mbps.i get good internet till 4pm till around 12am then good again I’m on fiber 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it very odd that nearly everyone who has complained about slow speeds in the evening are getting the same replies and generally getting messed about by the customer services and the technical teams. I urge you all to complain to Offcom about Vodafone as if tthey get enough complaints they will get a hefty fine and then they may just try to sort things out.

It is now over 2 weeks that I have not been able to do anything on the internet or even watch any streaming services on TV between 1800-0000 hours. I have been with a few ISP's over the years and Vodafone are simply the worst.

View more options

Hey @Loz4350, thanks for getting in touch with us.

So we can look into your speeds, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent you on how to contact our team directly.

View more options
2: Seeker

24H later update. Haven't received any feedback from the 2nd line support, but the speeds have increased and I can get speedtests reaching close to the 38 Mbps that i have in the contract. 

I'm not sure if there was any intervention and haven't noticed any reduction in speed so far. Will keep monitoring.

View more options

and what about mine request?

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally they are cancelling my contract no termination fee's. the nightmare is finally over with vodafone

View more options

Well done you. What reasons have they given to allow you out?

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason is they are not supplying what was promised and paid for. Signed back up with BT, a little more expensive but the speeds are more stable.

View more options
Highlighted

I've just been called by Tech support regardiing my issues (one of which is slow peak time throughput)and have been told my line shows no issues related to slow throughput yet speedtests show very different.

Now this test is via wireless but i've ruled out any local interference as nothing else electrical is switched on anywhere near the router and im less than 6 feet from it, im using the 5ghz network on a failry high spec tablet.

View more options

Voda will just fob u off like always

View more options
2: Seeker

This to me is a classic case of throttling. It seems Vodafone is already being investigated for this, just Google Vodafone Throttling. I was promised my service would be fixed in 72hrs. That was 6 days ago. I was also told if my minimum promised speed was not available I could cancel without fees. I will be cancelling as I simply can't be bothered or have the time to repeatedly deal with Cs.

I'm sure any of you had paid £240 for a product and it wasn't fit for purpose it would be back with the supplier within hours.

Vodafone has been the worst customer service and slowest internet service I have ever had in the last 25 yrs!!

View more options

This is mine yesterday then last nite then today 3 tickets later still not heard anything.abd get the same fob off on here and on the phone

Same for me too. Going to follow this up tonight. Can’t do anything with it from 6pm every night. It’s disgraceful. 

View more options

@aniolekx Apologies that we haven't picked up your post. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can forward your query onto our Broadband team for them to take a look into your speeds for you. 

View more options

@TJ Its all well and good PM'ing people details on how to get in touch with the broadband team but they cannot do anything, the problems need passing on to a team that can solve the problems.

I have been told(last night) that my line has no issues and that it shows no signs of a thorughput issue, this is despite the agent acknowledging that the PPP session dropped multiple times over the previous night(and did again last night), How can the people employed by Vodafone to solve issues decide there is no issue when the evidence provided by their equipment shows different? and how do you expect people to continually contact a team that clearly have no clue what they are doing or how to solve the obvious issues that are plaguing so many customers?

View more options