main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow broadband speeds

4: Newbie

Brilliant statement. Vodafone need to do something about this, surely they must know there’s an issue. You only have to read this forum to understand. Please pass on all of our comments. 

View more options

Well i've just had a call from a staff member in the directors office who has admitted my line is congested(support last night said it wasn't)and that i have 2 options either wait upto 3 months for it to be fixed(can be longer)and be credited for 3 months or leave without penalty, so given those options i am outta here......Plusnet im a coming home...

View more options

Currently on hold to VF re this fault. Waiting 30 mins so far, you wonder why people can’t be bothered to hold or report issues. It’s a joke. Ping 192, DL 4.39Mbps UL 4.39 Mbps. This is on a 76 Mbps connection, normally getting an average of 49 and 18. Good eh. 

View more options

Ran through the tests, with a wired connection. Same results as off my mobile. Performed a ping to the the bbc and then the agent said he’ll pass my call onto their 2nd level. Expect a call within 48 hrs. 

View more options

54BB41F6-61B7-494A-A296-754DC35CB1A5.jpeg

View more options

Well this is depressing - but at least now I know it's not just me. In Manchester and I have the exact same issue as everyone else; come 4-5pm the speeds plummet. My broadband app says 40Mbps sync speed......... speedtest (on a LAN cable) says pings around 130+, DLs of less than 20Mbps ..etc etc. Every single night for 3 weeks now and I've had my fibre broadband a while, so it's not "settling in".

I emailed a complaint a few days ago - no response whatsoever.

Guess i'll try calling the complaints team when I get the chance...and in the meantime look for a better provider...

Shame - i've been with VF for many years and I preferred getting all my comms from one company.

View more options

Hi. 

I suggest you do ring them ASAP, get the fault logged and follow their procedures. The more people that do, the better chance of a resolution. Good luck. I logged mine again last night. 

View more options

Keep logging mine .got told last nite it is the box outside and 626 people in my area affected by it.and on my ticket it says people are onit.we will see

View more options
2: Seeker

@ DaveNOS and everyoen else on here.

Vodafone's "get out" is that they ARE providing the service they claim, but that the issue is down to the user's setup, or that they have too many devices on the home network, ie "its not our fault guv".

Honestly everyone - have a read at my 2 part post Ive just put up today (Thur March 8th) entitled "The shocking log of Vodafone’s shambolic customer care, and its lying staff" parts 1 of 2.

Thank god I logged everything from day one, as you really couldnt have made half of it up.

It seems to be a determined effort to grind you down and hope you give up.

View more options

@stephenglasgow I've had it admitted by Vodafone staff that my issues are not setup related but are down to congestion, you just need to get through to the right person in order to get a satisfactory resolution(mine was being aloowed to leave penalty free).

View more options
8: Helper

My 74mbit fibre line at 3:53PM.

My modem is syncing at 76mbit / 19mbit, yet my bandwidth even in the morning seldom reaches 30mbit/s (upload is usually fine at 10-15mbit). I called them today to complain, again, and was spun the "nothing we can do, we're providing over the guaranteed speed" to which I argued line sync speed and data through-put are entirely different beasts.

I told them to pass me to cancellations and i've now put that in place for 14/03. If they don't fix it by the 12/03 I'm gone having placed my order through Uswitch to BT Infinity 2 (76mbit) for £39.99.

As a value proposition, the cost of VF BB is rock bottom as they've proved they cannot run a BB service, nor have they adopted the correct tact with customer services and transparency. At least with BT they know their craft and will act responsibly, for that I'll gladly pay £10 a month more!

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@CHARLIESHEPP65wrote:

Keep logging mine .got told last nite it is the box outside and 626 people in my area affected by it.and on my ticket it says people are onit.we will see

I suggest that you ask the level 2 support about the 'cable link' (ie. the backhaul) to see if it is flagged as being close to capacity. They use colour codes. If the link is flagged as red it is presumably overloaded, but it needs to move to black before Vodafone will do anything. So I have read elsewhere.

View more options

Shocking agai

5DE82962-2400-47B9-B636-93A0D41F0D0A.png

Please choose wisely folks. My service is like this every day! 

View more options

Mine is 0.66 again like most nights

View more options

Got my call from the level 2 people. Advised me they think it’s Vodafone Equipment at the exchange and beyond. Need to log speeds in safe mode with Wi-fi off over a few days to prove my connection is slower than expected. But since my call, my speeds have been nowhere near as slow. Very Strange eh.

ADF78CAB-7101-4A98-A3BC-F3F88FC734E1.png

View more options

@Longy71 I'm glad to see there's been an improvement in your speeds 👍 Continue to keep us updated of any changes and let us know how you get on with the Tech2 team. 

View more options
Highlighted

How do I speak to tech 2 as iv been told it’s my box outside but that’s last I heard I’m logging speeds everyday

View more options
3: Seeker

So I better give you all a final update and the steps I took to get here with a barley usable Broadband line through Vodafone.

I was always being told that I was being escalated, promised of to be kept up to date on the poor service, nothing happened. Days would go by and the broadband would still be un-usable.

This lead to constantly having to contact the support team where i would be put back in to the same cycle. I felt like I was working simular hours to the customer support team without the salary.

• Phoning Customer Help did not work. I refer to previous calls and be told there was no record of them.
  • Web chats did not work (although it did give me a recored of how ineffectual they were).
  • Formal complaints did not work as I was never contacted again after placing them.
  • The links given to me by the Community management did not cause Vodafone to contact me.

I eventaully phoned up Vodafones cancallations dept. and asked how to leave as they were not delivering anywhere near the sevice I was told i would be given. I was phoned 6 hours later by someone who was willing to get the Tech team to contact me within another 2 hours.

I was then contacted by this peson everyfew days to see if the problem was resolved and if i was not happy after a couple of weeks i could leave Vodafone with no cancellation charges.

We also both chuckled that I had to ask to leave before Vodafone would contact me.

There was an improvement on my line over the time but today I told Vodafone that i would be leaving for Zen due to a fear that if a problem happened again I would have to go through the ame process again. The Vodafone rep. agreed with me. I will be leaving with no cancallation fee.

I wish i had done a bit more research into Vodafone Broadband and their service before I joined them but it seems that is my own fault. It's not something i can be angry about anymore.

Final bit of advise below:

MY ONLY ADVISE TO NOT HAVING A PROBLEM LOOKED AT BY VODAFONE IS TO ASK TO LEAVE VIA THEIR CANCELLATIONS DEPT.

View more options
2: Seeker

I changed to channel 11 and I am now getting speeds of between 35-38. I had it on auto before.

View more options

You’ll have to log the call via 191 and follow their troubleshooting steps, you will then be referred to tech 2 who will then contact you with further tests to do and the relevant instructions on where to send results etc. This is what has just happened to me. 

View more options