main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow broadband speeds

4: Newbie

Ok it’s down as thay know it’s the box outside and keep updating my ticket but that’s it

View more options

So.....I appreciate this doesn't help anyone here but - on Saturday it seemed my broadband was ok. Again on Sunday. It is now 17:45 - right about when I would expect it to nose dive...... Ping (via speedtest) is 17, Dl is 37+. 

Absolutely nothing has changed on my end, but I did see people working on teh boxes the other day......

I remain more than a little p'd off that VF essentially ignored my complaint completely. However...for now it seems ok. I'll just keep monitoring it... leaving is till an option (not least because they don't support a single phone manufacturer I'm interested in...but that's an entirely different thread..)

View more options

Mine has been ok too since my call from tech 2, and again I have done nothing at my end.

8424DE26-F771-4B8F-9CDB-DBC5C9CB2613.png

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Mine has been okay since Friday.  I read online that the peak internet 'rush hour' days in the UK are Sunday through Thursday, so was expecting it to revert to poor ping and speeds last night.  It didn't.  And it remains fine at 6:30pm this evening.  Hopefully it's been resolved.  I'm in Aberdeen by the way.

View more options

So another update for my issue - after waiting quite a long time (as in weeks) for a response to my emailed complaint, I had several phone calls from a very helpful scottish chap that resulted in:

1. an admission that there was an external issue that they were resolving..but that it was possible it would get worse again before finally being properly sorted

2. a refund of the month that I was affected

3. an offer to leave penalty free if teh issue returns and becomes untenable

RIght now it's mostly ok, bit stuttery in teh evenings and definitely not better than my previous non-fibre connection...but almost back to the good connection I originally had with them. Lots of Outreach engineers out in my area recently, especially round our exchange box, so I suspect that's at least partly the cause of the improvement.

So for now i'm staying and happy.....better fault resolution than I had with BT (even if it was a long time and still not necessarily 100% resolved yet). I guess time will tell.

View more options

I too had a similar call from Scotland. They asked me to log all my speeds using a Speedtest over several days at different times. 

But since the call, my speeds have been the best ever. I haven’t changed anything on my side, so it’s obviously VF doing something. 

View more options

Yeah my original emailed complaint had extensive logging of my speeds via speedtest attached and ti was pretty clear that around 4-5pm the speeds nosedived.

There is some kind of known issue and they are sorting it out. RIght now I don't think they're doing any worse than other providers and better than some I've tried and left. So for me, for the money...it's worth staying for now. 

View more options

I have had this issue since last October. I have also had the promises that it will be fixed. Don’t hold your breath here was  a text I had back in January and guess what it’s not fixed yet as at April 2018.

1 small glimmer of service though. They have given me a mifi Free of charge and top it up with 50gb FOC when low I have to contact them and they re top up. Not ideal but a small workaround. 

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx,

This message is in regards to the issue you are experiencing with your Vodafone broadband. We have investigated the matter for you, and have discovered that the cable link (length of fibre) you are connected to is currently over-subscribed. This can unfortunately result in network congestion and slower speeds at peak times. Our Third Line team are already aware of this issue and are pro-actively working to rectify it. A new cable link and a new switch (connection point for the cable links) have been ordered, and we are currently waiting for them to be installed at your nearest exchange.
Due to the scale of the installation - which involves the migration of hundreds of customers - there is an extended wait. The new switch is due to be installed by 31/01 and the new cable link should be live a couple of weeks later. I have added your name to the list of customers to be migrated, so you will be within the first batch of customers to be moved across once the installation is complete.
The next update is due on 13/02. We will relay it to you once we have received it. If you have any further questions please do get back in touch. You can call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile, or 08080 034 515 from any other UK mobile or landline. Thanks for your patience while our team looked into your issue.

Best wishes,

Vodafone Tech 2

View more options

LOL 2019 and 3mbps speeds and CS say is it just the one night, lol you are ripping your customers off and know it..Seriously "Is it one Night?" like what difference does that make Mr no IT qualifications?

View more options