main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Very slow wifi speeds

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello, ive had vf broadband for 2/3months now and have had consistently poor wifi speeds. I have the 76mbs package and when i log in to the the router setting on the home page it says the router is recieving 80mbs download and 20mbs upload.

Over wifi the highest speeds ive had were around 22mbs download, it average id say is around 10-12mbs. Ive changed between channels 1,6 and 11 with not much change, sometimes when changing channels ill get an increase in upload speed to just shy of 20mbs but little to no difference in download speed. 

I have tested the connection via ethernet cable and got much better speeds of around 50mbs download (still not the 76mbs im supposed to recieve). 

All devices connected to the router are within 5 meters with no walls or anythings else in the way and speeds do not improve whilst devices are directly next to the router.

From reading online it seems this a common problem with vodafone. I am willing to purchase a seperate router to run the wifi through of its going to get the speeds where they should be providing its not too expensive haha.

Thanks i look forward to getting this issue resolved as ive had no luck the various times ive been on the live chat.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

Have you considered splitting the frequencies in your Vodafone Router to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and then select either one on your phone / laptop etc to see if things improve ?

Some devices prefer one frequency over the other. 

Yes people have reported that buying their own Router gave them better results - but there's no guarantee that this will for you until you decide to try or not. 

I wish you all the best with improving your Wi-Fi Speeds. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Yes i have split frequencys but none of my devices support 5ghz so can only use the 2.4ghz signal. Would just like to find out of it is the router or some thing else. When the engineer came to install the line he said that the internet should be really fast as the green cabinet is only over the road and it really isnt lol not even as fast as it should be via ethernet cable.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch with us @Sophward400 - My apologies for the recent experience you're having with your speeds. It seems as though you've covered most of our Troubleshooting steps. I would like to ask if you've tried your wired connection in your test socket and monitor whether your speeds improve at all. Please let me know how you get on.

View more options

Ill give this a go later tonight and let you will have to borrow a laptop again as i dont have a ethernet cable long enough to get to the desktop. 

Am i right in thinking the test port is the one behind the face plate?

View more options

Yes @Sophward400 - that's correct. My apologies for being a little vague. Have you tried this now?

View more options