Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Hub Dying

KernelPanic
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Our broadband speed starts at 78mb and gradually drops over a day to less than 2mb

reboot the router - back to 70+ usually ..

speed on wifi and ethernet are affected equally.

Vodafone support in whatever obscure country it  resides, employs people who can only read from a pre-set process on a screen. (like David Walliums in little britain). After going through the motions of master socket checking and filters and rebooting and several things it would be impossible to even relate the fault to, it gets passed to a supervisor, who passes it to second line who doesnt call you so you call them and do this all again.

I managed to stop myself running at the wall and head butting it as hard as I could, but it was close!

Even though I know this is the official vodafone forum, I also know that nobody from vodafone will ever even see this post.  How do I explain that my router is genuinely faulty, and I need a new one,  I'd even pay for it rather than go through another support call process...

11 REPLIES 11

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did you get Vodafone to check the cable link to see if it's reporting green Amber or red when the speed drops . Also don't you have an old router that you could run to see if that help 

I had a similar problem with a router, when with bt. I borrowed by brother router for a week, no problems. This gave me confidence to call and ask for an engineers visit. Back then you were warned if no fault found it would be a charge of £70. I agreed & the engineer confirmed it was a faulty router, replaced with the latest model & everything was great.