Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone are telling me i am not capped

dannylee1980
4: Newbie

My speed is 100% capped.

Last week I was getting just under 22mbps sync speed this week my speed had dropped and i am now getting exactly 18mbps.

Had an adviser tell me it was capped at 18mbps another tell me its because all the devices i have connected another say i am set to 20mbps and am getting 17.5mbps. Another tell me its a wifi issue.

The greatest annoyance is them trying to deceive and lie to me this is not acceptable.

3 REPLIES 3

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

2 places to look for what speed your line is capable of...

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/home1/

AND

CabinetTest.png

Then you need to know what your contract with VodaFone guaranteed as your minimum...................

You might wanna try a one-off 30 minute dis-connect and allow the connection to re-negotiate a new speed, taking about 10 days to stabilise.

If in doubt please ask.

I had checked them and should be able to achieve 27mbps sync.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @dannylee1980, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your speeds. It's important to note though, we aren't able to guarantee a 100% stable connection over Wi-Fi. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors which are outside our control. If you're having issues meeting your minimum guaranteed speed over a wired connection though, please drop a message on our Social Media channels here and we'll help you take a closer look 👍