main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Vodafone contradictions and lies

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Heres what I was promised vs what I actually get. I was promised almost 50mbps Vodafone lies.jpg or money off UNITL ITS FIXED

yet my latest chat with the support team says there is nothing wrong with the line or the service I am getting and that I had been granted a 15% discount, the speed I am getting is the speed the line is capable of, which is nonsense.

Untitled.jpg

The service is below what was promised in black and white

The line is capable of over 55mbps and on 2 occasions when I had an engineer out I reached near 50mbps. The speed is now barely 33 mbps. I am currently on superfast 2 but not even getting the average speed for superfast 1 suerpfast1.jpg yet apparently there are no issues.....

15% of 27 is 4 thus I am paying more than superfast 1 yet should feel grateful for a useless service, lies, false advertising,false statements. My previous supplier provided me with 43mbps constant service for over 2 years. To top it off Vodafone didn't even bother cancelling my previous service from another provider, these people are cowboys and I've put in a proper complaint with Vodafone and also started the process with Which?, reported Vodafone to Ofcam and I am in reciept of legal advice as to their breach of contract

If you're reading this, don't be cheap and want to save a couple quid a month, its not worth it.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

@Vodausless Looking at the speeds screenshot, I can see the speeds have spiked in occasions. This could indicate the speeds may be declining in certain periods based on usage, have you got a lot of smart devices/TV's connected in your household at different times throughout the day? If this isn't the case please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. We'll run some further tests and also look into how much you're paying for the service, based on the speed test results we'll run. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I have no other devices than a pc and a mobile, both of which are mine, no one else uses the network and those dips are Vodafone working out what speed to cap me at which is the speed that follows. Coincidentally I'm down to sync speeds of 29 today.

I contacted the Twitter team on the suggestion of the Trustpilot reply, they ignored me after asking for sync speeds and getting them, I did however go on a bit of a copy and paste spree so perhaps its too much hassle for them being used to 10 words. I don't use Facebook. I put the complaint into directorscomplaints email address, I had used this way to complain last time as you see in the speed screenshot my speeds were down as little as 20mbps for almost a week, you sent an engineer out who changed the master socket and what you see next is the 2 large peaks where I got the speeds promised followed by a smaller dip and then the slightly ever decreasing line which is now at 30mbps exactly and a sync speed of 31.0, I can't remember my internet being this slow in the last 10 years since my early Tiscali days when there was no infrastructure up here..

Either someone has overpopulated the local cabinets all of a sudden or Vodafone is choosing to provide this speed for me aka throttling based on my previous service providers speeds and lines capability

View more options

@Vodausless With you still being unhappy with the speeds following the engineers work and dips in the speeds still occurring, it'd be best if you were to contact us on Twitter further. We'll be able to look into what work has been completed thus far and whether we can use alternative action to get the speed back up to scratch. 

View more options