main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Vodafone has reserved the right to re-introduce video optimisation

14: Advanced member

just been reading this post on the ofcom website and its says We note that Vodafone has reserved the right to re-introduce video optimisation in the future in accordance with the Regulation

not sure what to make of that because the ofcom Case closed: 1 August 2018 then come nov 2018 customer start having throttling issues 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/all-closed-cases/cw_0121...

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
4: Newbie

Timing is about right. However they don't shape VPN as would be in breach of contract.

View more options
Highlighted
6: Helper

The ofcom investigation seems to stem towards "vodafone passes". if i am correct it is addtional addons for mobile contracts you can pay for which you can get premium spotify , amazon video & netflix to name a few. it looks like vodafone was implementing traffic shaping of sorts to only allow SD video streams.

It looks from the article they can reintroduce this later if they so wish.

Could this relate to the amount of people having streaming issues I am not sure, but if vodafone decided to implement some form of traffic shaping (Which they will never admit) then it will explain a lot.

If Phil is to believed, and they are truly looking into the cause of all these issues at the moment in time we might get a non corporate response of what has happened. As people have been having streaming issues since early 2018 a miracle fix Is not likely to be honest.

The underlining issues that many in the forums are experiencing daily

1: Very slow broadband speeds (24/7)

2: very slow streaming speeds (twitch/netflix)

3: wifi issues (vodafone router issue more than likely)

4: Dial up speed downloads even on Gigafast (24/7)

There is no quick fix for all that.

View more options
6: Helper

@Shooto wrote:

The ofcom investigation seems to stem towards "vodafone passes". if i am correct it is addtional addons for mobile contracts you can pay for which you can get premium spotify , amazon video & netflix to name a few. it looks like vodafone was implementing traffic shaping of sorts to only allow SD video streams.

It looks from the article they can reintroduce this later if they so wish.

Could this relate to the amount of people having streaming issues I am not sure, but if vodafone decided to implement some form of traffic shaping (Which they will never admit) then it will explain a lot.

If Phil is to believed, and they are truly looking into the cause of all these issues at the moment in time we might get a non corporate response of what has happened. As people have been having streaming issues since early 2018 a miracle fix Is not likely to be honest.

The underlining issues that many in the forums are experiencing daily

1: Very slow broadband speeds (24/7)

2: very slow streaming speeds (twitch/netflix)

3: wifi issues (vodafone router issue more than likely)

4: Dial up speed downloads even on Gigafast (24/7)

There is no quick fix for all that.

Quick fix: Let us leave Vodafail for free.

View more options
12: Established

It they had implemented this, it would seem they ere slowing everything which traversed their network.

What amazes me is that we change process, so all changes we make at work are documented, signed off and tested before before they happen.  If there is a unexpected side affect we can review what changes were applied in the time frame and work out the cause.  Seems like VF has nothing in place like this, as they don't seem to know what they have done.....

View more options