main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Wanna ruin your peace of mind?--Signup with vodapfone

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Posting it out of despreation after spending approximately 30+ hours cumutatively over the phone which in my case do represent loss of earnings!

I am a doctor by profession so lead an extremely busy life. Made a terrible mistake for signing up to vodafone broadband superfast2. Firstly I was told that I can only get superfast1 then when I checked on the official website it seemed out that I can get superfast2. So I called them and got that.. After that my internet was cut due to an apprent NON-payment despite giving them my bank details x2 at the time or ordering. Anyways called them up and paid it as a one off payment and set up the direct debit again.

Things were fine in terms of speeds was gettting really good speeds in ranges of 70Mbps which was really good. the max attainable rate was in the ranges of 88000 and my line sync speeds were in ranges of 73000.

For last few days I donot know what has gone wrong I am constantly stuck at 60Mbps which even drops to 50 sometimes 30 during peak hours. Everyday I come home from work and spend hours on the phone trying to talk to atleast a technically qualified person after spending ages on the phone so I can discuss my line stats and numbers which never happen. I get through to some admin staff over and over who seem like they dont know what they are doing at all.. asking same questions, ID checks etc. with a promise for a call back later which never happen!

I was being sceptical in signing up with them in the first place after reading the reviews hence I was checking everything is fine during the cooling off period--which had been the case but as soon as that has expired I am experiencing problems. The only explanation I have is they have some sort of mechanism to loot customers and once they are in the contract BINGO!

Any idea how shall I proceed or is there any other way to contact them? I am seriously considering pursuing legal action. I will even start a charity for that cause if it comes to that.. I am sure there would be a number of people who would be happy to support me for this noble cause so that such companies either cease to exist or raise their standards to an acceptable level.

Regards

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
4: Newbie

Speeds dropping to 50mb?!? 

For the last 3 days I've been averaging less than 5mb!

View more options

I am really sorry to hear that..I assume you would be tied up in a contract..

Could you advise me what is the cancellation period with the, some say its 30 days some sayin 14..

View more options

On their website it says 30 days. 

View more options

3mbps for me! 

View more options

Their website is a bit of a mess. On this page it states 30 days. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Orders-delivery-and-returns/Broadband-a...

The link in the above for the T&C's dont work and also states "Unfortunately, you can’t take any equipment back to our stores." 

This is the link to the T&C's page which states 14 days and that you can return items bac to their shop which I also did and was accepted, recorded and logged onto their computer.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/Business/buying-with-vodafone/buying-online/returns-...

It states on this one that it was updated on 3rd May 2019 which cant be right as I have the html and also a screenshot of it dated 6th June 2019, the date I cancelled mine which stated 30 days.

View more options

Hey @fivegoldstars and @OptimalPrime We'll be happy to look into the problems you're having with your connection. To help us understand what's causing this, please confirm 👉

- If your router's connected to the master socket.

- If you're using a Wi-Fi connection and do you have any other devices connected.

- Are you in the first 14 days of your contract.

- Is the router next to any electrical equipment that might interfere with the signal i.e. Microwave, TV or fish tank.

-  Can you run a speed test through the Vodafone App or on http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the result here.

Once we have this, we'll be able to take a closer look into your issue.

View more options

Hi

Yes connected to master socket.

Laptop connected to router port by network cable.

All other devices and wifi switched off.

Unfortunately not first 14 days of my contract otherwise I would've cancelled.

Router in isolated spot (not that it is relevant as for the speedtests I have performed the wifi has been switched off and the laptop performing the speedtest wired to the router whilst connected to the master socket!)

The speedtest screenshot provided is one of the better results.

Screenshot_20190919-130430_Speedtest.jpgOne of the better speedtests (althout I should be getting minimum of 45mbps download so not saying much)20190919_130539.jpg

I have uploaded the photos, but have no idea why they are showing as triangle warning signs?

View more options

They do that for an hour or two - I assume they're in a moderation queue as I expect dissatisfied customers could be prone to uploading all kinds of pictures.

Anyways, Mark, I can confirm exactly the same as above - in the master socket, wired over lan, no interference. Also, I'm in my 30 - yes 30 - day cooling off period.

As for help, I've got your team on it. Got a new router sent yesterday, although I have no idea why this would change anything. Haven't been able to test it yet as it's not pre-configured, so when I plugged it in it wouldn't connect to the internet. That will be another 2 hours on the phone again tonight I suppose. 

View more options

@OptimalPrime @fivegoldstars Thanks for providing all of that information back to us. I certainly understand why this would be unsatisfying for you both, especially after performing some troubleshooting steps and this not improving your broadband connection! So a member of our team can get this thoroughly looked into and investigated right away, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options

I had a conversation yesterday by the Tech2 team who requested MORE speedtest screenshots from 2 laptops which I have just provided.

Having just phoned to inform that they have been sent (as I was asked) I have now been told that the Tech2 team cannot access their systems yet due to "them being updated by Openreach?" and that I'd need to call back again after 6pm this evening!

This is honestly becoming farcical. I would just like to leave to be honest without any early termination charges.

View more options

As above. I was on live chat again last night for an hour. Same pointless tests. I'd love you to read the transcript - it would be comical if it weren't so frustrating. Another Friday night unable to watch Netflix without buffering - average speed last night 2mb. Tech support is a joke. I stressed several times in the conversation that this was not a problem with my router (2nd one now), my line, or my internal setup. It's bottlenecking/congestion - pure and simple. Still the same master socket/dns/ssid nonsense with multiple requests for speed tests. At one point, my speed was so slow, it couldn't actually register on speed test.net.

I stressed to the adviser that I intend to leave this service due to how abysmal it has been - I am in my first 30 days, and the transcript clearly shows that I have given notice to quit should you try and impose any kind of sanction. 

View more options

@OptimalPrime @fivegoldstars We'd be really sad to see you go if you decided to cancel and we'd love to keep you on board with us! As mentioned previously, to help get things sorted and look into this further please pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and a member of our team will get this picked up.

View more options

What is the point? I sent a private message on twitter about 3 days ago and still haven't had a reply. (Edit: received at nearly 3pm this afternoon).

I am extremely unhappy with the state of my fibre with Vodafone, I am paying for Now TV sports (I have a season pass), Now TV movies pass, Netflix and 3 lots of Xbox live which aren't getting used at the moment because of the constant dips in speed resulting in a pixelated streaming mess on the screen (I have recordings taken on my phone) and Xbox live disconnections.

I am awaiting a call back from tech2 team which I was promised would be at 18:00 this evening but haven't received yet. So I've had to call up again and have up to an hour's wait to be called back (I've reserved my place in line).

I wish I had never been sucked in by the promise of low monthly cost, I'd rather pay more and get a decent guaranteed connection.

I just want to leave but as I say I absolutely do not expect to have to pay any early termination fees!

View more options

After 1 hour of waiting Doaa called and told me that there are no supervisors in over the weekend so I've been waiting in for a phone call I was told by Miriam would "definitely happen at 18.00" that was never going to happen.

Left and right hands don't know what they are doing.

View more options

@OptimalPrime It's a shame to hear you feel this way, I know how important it is to get things resolved right away! We really want to be keep you on board with us as one of our customers and we'd be really sad to see you cancel. I'm pleased a member of our team have reached your message and responded to you, we'll continue discussing the issues you're facing there 👍

View more options