main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

What is a realistic measure of my speed?

2: Seeker

When streaming netflix my speed will fluctuate continually from almost 7 Mbps down to 0.5Mbps on a wired connection. My line is capable of 23 meg. Other online streaming buffers every minute or so. Speed tests on speed test.net range from 7-14 on WiFi. Is this likely to be a Vodafone issue? I can't face the torment of having to deal with customer service 

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Shell820810 Hi there, that's not the experience we'd want for our customers to go through. We'd be more than happy to look in to this streaming issue for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Joe

View more options
4: Newbie

Yes. VF capacity problems. Likely on Exchange. First line support Customer Services  very often will promise an earth and wouldn't log fault.

View more options

If its running off a BT/open reach line, will I see the same issue regardless of provider?

View more options
12: Established

The best answer is to leave this rubbish service if you are still within your 30 day cooling off period.  VF have no idea what is going on, and no ability to fix anything.  They are quite profficient at telling porkies though!

If you are after 30 days, raise a formal complain with the directors office, ask for a deadlock better & report to ofcom.

View more options

In contract until June, have asked to leave and its been refused. Have had other issues in addition to this time, have wasted so much time with customer service. Directors office have helped previously, but this time they appear to have referred it to a customer relations rep in India. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my complaint has been passed to the India "directorsupport" team

I would phone UK customer services and get your early termination charge, mine was lower than expected and may be worth considering if you can't wait until June.

View more options
Highlighted

@Shell820810 wrote:

If its running off a BT/open reach line, will I see the same issue regardless of provider?

No.  Different providers have their own backhauls.... BT, TT, Vodafone, Sky.  Others will use BT capacity, or lease from other provides (like Origin do).

Essentially VF don't have enough capacity in this backhaul links, plus they have some serious issues within tyheir core network, and plenty of denial is sprinkled over the top.  Adding additional capacity costs VF lots of money so they try and avoid doing it.  Instead thinsg run hot and they hope customers won't notice - some do, and some don't....  they are banking on the majority not noticing and provide a sub standard service while they keep fleecing you of money every month.

View more options

Thank you, which of the rest are the best? 

View more options

Difficult question.  Generally BT won't be too bad, and anyone using TTB (talktalk business) should have no issues.  As a general rule, the cheaper the package the better chance you have of it being rubbish.  I think you will find that VF is a perfect example of that!

Sky are quite reactive when backhauls reach capacity, and if you have TV with them they can offer a good deal (prices will jump up at the end of the honeymoon period - but most will be like that).

View more options

I do agree.

On my list if money not a subject:

Sky

BT

Virgin

Maybe Plusnet. Rest is rubbish according Ofcom speed test reports.

View more options
View more options

Virgin isn't an option. Between sky and BT. My instinct is BT, have had family had issues with sky.

View more options

Hi! Have you logged a fault with their team? There is a known Netflix/streaming issue at the minute which could be the issue? Looks like they are working on it and a fix has already been tested with some customers reporting issues resolved? Rollout of other fixes over next few weeks.

by all means, if you are already on the way out the door, this wont help. Just in case it was related to this particular issue that Vodafone has said is being worked on Good luck anyway!

View more options