Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is sync speed always much greater than actual download speed

hamidraza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The download speed I get on my laptop is well below the guaranteed download speed in my contract. It effects my actual browsing (mainly gaming), YouTube, and HD tv (such as Now Tv)  with videos loading very slowly. However when I sign in to my Vodafone Broadband app on my phone, the sync speed is above my guaranteed minimum download speed.

I've tried doing a speed check on my phone and same issue, the actual download speed (across multiple speed check platforms including Ookla, Which and Google's MLabs), is much lower than the Sync Speed shown in the app.

I've attached screenshots. If someone knows what's going on please help. 

Vodafone Download Speed test.JPGVodafone speed.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hamidraza - the results from our app are the speeds we guarantee. A download or upload speed from any third party sites can be affected by many variables. With our sync speeds, these are what you'll be receiving from the green cabinet to your router. So we can run further checks between your router and device, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to take a closer look. By including your Community username and link to your post here you won't need to repeat yourself as we'll be able to view your query 😊