cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

You are knowingly selling oversubscribed broadband!

richardc1983
3: Seeker

I am writing as I cannot get through to your call centre yet again, your live chat is busy. In these difficult times Vodafone need to spend the money on their network in my area. My home broadband is not usable and I phoned last week to complain about this and was hung up by operators and told there was nothing that could be done if I wanted to leave. I am in Leeds and they are digging up the street at the moment to do gigafast!

Let’s just say you pestered me with your emails to bring my home broadband from Plusnet where I had 15 years of good service to yourselves. At peak times with plusnet the broadband service was never affected and was always receiving about 6mb down load speed. Since myself and my partner already have our mobile phones with you and had good service I thought this would be a good move.. how wrong was I.

Since I have moved to you the broadband during the day is usually usable up until about 3pm. From then on until about 0100 in the morning the broadband speed drops to the point that I cannot work from home or even have video calls. The speed during the day is about 49mb then at night it drops to about about 1-3mb.

I have not even been with you a month yet and it has been like this since day one, I have had the run around by your advisors and to make matters worse I cannot even tether on 4g any more as that is also slow, indeed 3g is faster than 4g. Instead of developing 5g why don’t you fix 4g?

I am told by your tech team that my options are to leave because you can’t provide good service because the Vodafone kit in the cabinet that my home broadband connects to is running at max capacity and there is no plan to extend this. The internet is essential to me working at home and I am quite disgusted at the moment that you have done this to me knowing the poor network capacity. Not only that we are now having poor service during the day as the world works at home, please can you do something?

It is also very dishonest with your Broadband Guarantee. What a con, so you don't guarantee throughput, you guarantee sync speed, which isn't the problem. I could be sync’d at 500mb but if your network is running at max capacity then I would still experience poor service. Before I got the honest answer some of your advisors have blamed my devices at home saying that I have too many connected! RUBBISH I have minimal items and my computer is wired to the router.

In 15 years of being with PlusNet never once did I have poor speeds or interruptions to service.

Can you please prioritise and upgrade the kit that I connect to provide the capacity required as during this coronavirus we are now essentially reliant on your services. If I can’t do my work from home I don’t get paid then I cannot afford to pay my bills and feed my family.

3 REPLIES 3

speedslike99

I just wrote a reply very similar to this but it was lost in the system somewhere. Apparently this forum doesn't function properly either. 

I'm in the same boat as you. I was told I could have Gigafast "in a couple of months" when I signed up. The idea was to have the crappy ADSL connection until their system was updated. I was then told by multiple people that I could upgrade the following day. Then when I called I was told I would have to call back on a bi-weekly basis to find out if I could. Then the issues started on March 6th and my internet has been terrible since. I cannot use my internet connection at this time and I can't even run a speed test as it fails to pass through enough data. 

I've also been told that it is my number of connected devices etc. I had one guy completely ignore the fact that I'm connected via ethernet completely and he wouldn't believe me when I told him the wifi light was off. He actually wanted me to connect to a remote viewing service so I could prove it to him. It's thoroughly embarrassing, why don't tech companies have a line for people that have a good level of competency so that we don't have to deal with the scripted version of events. I don't want to have to remove the cover of my master socket and change the filter and disable the wifi devices and go through the same routine EVERY time I ask for an update on why my connection is so bloody awful. 

I'm currently using my 3 mobile phone to post this and to be able to work at all. My wife is vulnerable so I have to limit my contact with my colleagues to ensure her safety. The whole sync speed issue is clearly misleading and likely designed to be that way. I understand that some families will have large amounts of devices connected at once but we are not all ignorant of the effect that has on data usage.

This is absolutely ridiculous...  

Have you emailed the CEO email address can be found online easily. I would literally copy and paste your message. 

@richardc1983 wrote:

Have you emailed the CEO email address can be found online easily. I would literally copy and paste your message. 

I might just do that! I just tried to create an account on the Vodafone website so I can add my wife as a contact. They refuse to deal with her until she is listed as a contact. That's actually great security but I wouldn't mind someone stealing my identity if their goal is to fix this issue for me.

Ironically the submission keeps failing:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 494, FMW_30_0001 - [Error ref 2o1]

I  would show you a picture but the upload keeps failing. Vodafone, you're a f*****g mess!