Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

gigajoke

vectraturbo
4: Newbie

been a customer for around 6 weeks now and god i wish i hadnt ... 

can and fitted my new gigabit  nice and simple  of they went  speed test bang on as it should be  or there abouts 

aa week ago my speed dropped but though hay ho nothing to worrie to much about  but over the last week its been a joke  supposed to be around 900 up and down  well im lucky if im getting 130 down but up is 850 plus  

so unplugged eveything connected to it  reset router and box had one pc connected and speed just the same  

4 day ive spent talking to the so called online help on average 2-3 hours a day then out the blue i get a txt yesterday to say everthing is fixed  ... so speed test again and nothing is changed  its getting a joke i really wish i had stayed with virgin now yest they are slower but atleast they work just fine  

also the router wifi is shocking loss of signal at around 5 meters   

has anybody else had these problems  because im so fed up with being messed around  

19 REPLIES 19

vectraturbo
4: Newbie

quick update 

spoke to them yesterday on the phone ( the person i spoke to was rude and didnt give a monkeys about helping ) had to send the some speed test results  (lucky ive keep all the screenshots ) and they are going to look into the problem if there is one ( thats what they said to me ) anyways havent herd anything at all today and ive gone from 120 down to 70 now  it should be 900 ! or there abouts  but still getting 870ish upload  

if nothing is resolved by tomorrow they can come get there usless stuff and ill go back to virgin  yes they are slower speed but 99.9% of the time i got the speed i payed for and being house bound i rely a lot on the internet 

another update :

spoke to them this morning for about 20 mins  they said they had sorted it on sunday and everthing is fine  no phone call to say they had sorted it or nothing  but since the problems ive been doing speed tests and screen shotting them so they hadnt fixed the problem  so long and short of the phone call was i had to send more screen shots as they had closed that ticket as it was maked as fixed so ive now got to wait upto 48 hours before they look into it again and since sunday my speed has dropped of more  was on averge 120 now dropped to 70 

so wait for another 2 days and see what happens or not 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please continue to keep us updated with this @vectraturbo. If you need any further assistance after the team have been in touch, we're here to help. 

update : 11/03/2020 

got a txt this morning from vodafone saying some from complaints would be calling after about an hour got a phone call  regarding my complaint after about 20 mins on the phone nothng was resolved  even had the nerve to say my pc wasnt capable of running the gigjoke speeds   o boy did he get that one both barrels he soon said sorry for that one ive been around computer since a could walk so in not an idiot   but long and short of it is he said he would email me to let me no whats going on and this was 10am this morning  the arnt bothered about sorting the problems and as my sky runs through the router ( sky mini ) im loseing my sky through drop outs  speed and general wifi rubbish  so im paying for two things that arent now working properly and i cant moan at sky as its not the fault  ive sent them another 8+ screen shots of speed test today if  they wanted them or not   ive even asked them if i could have a faulty router ( no wifi past 4 meters ) they said if they find out the routers faulty they would send another one out  when .... next year ! end of the day im donw with this now they have untill tomorrow night to fix it or they will be collecting there equipment and i will be cancelling payment im not paying for internet that dont work  i dont think ive ever been treated like this over internet since ive ever had it including dialup !!!!! 

customer servce  = joke 

tec department = joke and havent got a clue 

customer complaints  = yer yer we will sort it  but dont hold your breath 

i think this will be the final update  

nothings changed had no contact with anybody from vf total joke  have sent nearly 20 +screenshots to them and they carnt be bothered to contact me in anyway and ive just about had enough of the rubbish that comes out of them  just sent another 5 screen shots over and told them if i have no contact or something done im off in not paying out for something that is clearly wrong or faulty  ill be stopping there payment tonigh its just a joke pushed from one person to another promiced 50% of next bill due to problems and that hasnt come through ive even got that in writing  ! and my speeds getting worse  but as far as they are concerend theres nothing wrong 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vectraturbo While this is with our Complaints team, we can check on the progress of this for you and ensure that the team have out a resolution in place. So we can do this, please pop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter.

You'll need to include your Community username and a link to your post - this will make things a lot easier as you then won't need to repeat yourself and we can help quickly.

@natasha 

thankyou  but i really dont see the point  complaints team carnt even honour there word i was told wednesday morning they would look into my compalint and he would contact me with in 24 hours  guess what its friday evening and still nothing rased another complaint still waiting  a week nearly of sending them speed tests and they dont even must be getting on for nearly 40 tests set to them and guess what nothing  they want there money for a rubish service next week even though i have it in black and white the my bill would have a large discount on it and thats was a while ago so what hope have i got of getting this sorted out  and as my sky runs through the wifi thats doing nothing but play up and being disabled and only use the mini box thats in my room as i carnt get upstairs to the main box ( 3 floor house ) i live on the ground floor but to be fair ive spoken to sky about the problems and they are more than willing to help out where they can  and being stuck in due the covid virus advised by doctor due to my own health conditions not  actually having it !  lol isnt much fun with no tv  (well hit and miss)  and naff internet 

day 9 : 

two complaints through there form online still nothing nothing been done no cantact from anybody and over 40 screenshots set to them but the beep  have taken payment and now my speeds dropped even more but upload is still as it should be  

TOTAL JOKE !! 

I'm having what seams as the same problem as you my upload speed is fine but download speed has dropped loads, huh is unable to get an IP6 address as logs say permission denied had to change the dns server to google to stop the dropouts currently with level 2 support