Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

peak time speed

eveningstreamer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

so why does my internet speed drop to 2Mbps at 5pm - fine all day at 55 Mbps

and why does the online chat let you fill in the form then tell you they are too busy

anyone have any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aprilthemoo
2: Seeker

Because their network is having backhaul issues and they completely refuse to acknowledge it.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

aprilthemoo

Because their network is having backhaul issues and they completely refuse to acknowledge it.

thanks - nice to know - i did think about spending my evening chatting to some nice person from vodafone asking me to reinstall thier router and change my wifi channel - but cant get through to them so i will have to talk to my family !!!! 

Any chance they can come clean any time soon ?

Anybody at Vodafone willing to comment on why the broadband speed imakes the service virtually unusable in the evening, pages take minutes to load , my huwsei tablet whilst using google thinks I'm off line then will slowlllly load a page like dial up.

yes I have changed channels , yes it's the same on the wired connection, yes I have restarted my tablet, also have the same problem on my iPhone 11 Pro.

connrction fine all day until 5 pm.

any mods wish to comment.

written complaint started yesterday, will now complain to the ceo as I did with the Apple Watch issue, at least you get a response then.

shocking service 

notaguru

Hey everyone, not sure if you have already done this but I was having major issues come 5PM. Nothing would work but noticed all was fine when I jumped on the VPN. Then I just thought whats different was thinking traffic shaping at first but then I just thought lets try changing the DNS servers to google and it worked. So in the router under DNS servers just change them to googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) that seems to of done the trick for me. So I think its just that Vodafones DNS servers are being overloaded with all the extra usage at the moment

google DNS does steady it but it still steadies it to between 2 - 7 meg even though you pay and are synced at 67 megs..it helps but also doesnt help lol..i think we are way beyond a DNS problem. we are much further into over subscription at this stage.. the times it slows tells you all you need to know. luckily for me ive found the solution to it all :Smiling:

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

Still a few months in my contract or I would have switched without second thought.

Unfortunately still 10 months to go , when it gets to 3 or 4 months I will pay my contract up, it is absolute rubbish 

So hear we go again,,

CS want to send an engineer to my home to check my line, which is fine all day but slows down to dial up around 5 till 11pm

you could not make it up 

you could make it up lol.. and vodafone usualy does 😛