main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

slow speeds on fibre 76Mbps

@Matttonic I've searched for the email address that you've supplied on the Community forum and found your correspondence. We emailed you back on the 9 January and I can't find a response from then.

Please reply to our latest email, check in your junk/spam folders, in case it has been moved to there. 

Let us know how you get and pop back if you're unable to get in touch for any reason.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

My awesome speed attached! ๐Ÿ˜ž

View more options

@94jdh Sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband. Are the speeds you're getting on a wired connection or over Wi-Fi? Have you tried contacting our Broadband Live Chat team, to run diagnostics on your line for you, to see if they can diagnose the issue?

If so, we'll be more than happy to pass this along to our Broadband team for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so they can investigate further.  

View more options

Hi, 

Thanks for replying - I have spoken with someone from technical and apparently it's related to exchange being oversubscribed, it is due to updated in 1-2 weeks by BT.

In the meantime, I'm obviously not receiving what I have signed up for and to be honest it's virtually like dial up - I need someone to point me in the right direction for 2 months compensation,  ideally a refund for this period. 

View more options

@94jdh You'll be able to dicuss this with the Broadband team once they've contacted you. Please let us know how you get on and pop back with any updates ๐Ÿ‘

View more options
4: Newbie

Hope you guys get your connections sorted out. 

Thanks for posting as youโ€™ve just saved me from this experience. 

Iโ€™d rather stick with my current isp and pay more and have a decent speed, the speeds some of you are receiving is beyond a joke! 

Sort it out vodafone. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I have the same problem, speeds around 15mbps during evening and then at about 11pm speed  shoots back to 75mbps. I had to send screenshots in safe mode which I have done, but have not heard anything and that was two weeks ago. They told me in a text that the ref number you put in subject bar on email starts: FLT followed by fault number which has eight digits. At end of text they said to  to do screenshots on 2 other devices  if possible.,hard wired, but I only have one ethernet device so they may say it might be my device that is faulty, yes, lots of hoops to prove something they already know, NOT ENOUGH CAPACITY,  SORT IT VODAFONE, SPEND A BIT MORE ON YOUR NETWORK OR WE WILL ALL MOVE ! 

View more options

OK, to be fair, while I did not have a reply from them after I sent in the test results as instructed (safe mode etc etc), from the next day already it seemed like something was done, as I have not noticed any speed drops during the evening ever since.

So while it looks like it might be a capacity issue during peak hours, they did something and I have at least 70 Mbps during peak hours now. Having said that, they only contacted me last night on the phone asking whether it is fixed and telling me that they actually took action.

So the good things should also be mentioned here, in order to paint the right picture. Having said that, I did notice my ping is worse than it was with Sky (about 20 ms worse, up from 20 to around 40 in CS GO for example) and that some times the pages need reloading as there is some packet loss and they only load half way. Still, this is a minor inconvenience only happening once or twice in the evening and I would not consider it an issue.

View more options

Update: After waiting 2 weeks for reply from tech 2 with no communication at all I decide to phone customer support and was told my ticket was closed even though my peak time speeds are the same PILE OF POO !! I was advised to resend email with screenshots. I BET IF TECH 2 GET BACK TO ME THEY WILL NOW SAY THE SCREENSHOTS ARE OUT OF DATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I WANT MY LIFE BACK VODA BLOODY FONE !!

View more options

@Stigmeister I'm sorry to hear of the mix-up with your previous ticket ๐Ÿ˜ž So we take another look into this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Just received this text from the scammers. This is absolute ##~##. They probably tested the line at 11am and seen it was normal speed. Or probably just checked the router settings which always states its 72.1mbps. A joke company and a joke customer service.

Hello,

Regarding the recent broadband fault raised, we have found no fault with the service. Your line is operating within expected parameters and as such we will set the fault ticket to close.

If you have any further questions about Wi-Fi issues, please don't hesitate to call us on 08080 034 515 or 191 from a Vodafone mobile.

Regards,
The Vodafone Team.

View more options

We called (again) about your complaint but unfortunately we weren?t able to reach you. Don't worry though, we'll try again tomorrow 30/01, hope to speak to you then.

Still waiting.... not holding out much hope.

View more options

@Matttonic I'm sorry we were unabe to reach you when we called on January 29. Did you receive your call back yesterday as offered?

View more options

@Mark wrote:

@Matttonic I'm sorry we were unabe to reach you when we called on January 29. Did you receive your call back yesterday as offered?

Hahah what do you think?... of course I didn't! Not the first time this has happened either.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear this @Matttonic.

Please use the link from the private message @Mark has previously sent you to contact our team directly.

View more options

@DaneB wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this @Matttonic.

Please use the link from the private message @Mark has previously sent you to contact our team directly.

No one has sent me a private message!

View more options

@Matttonic - Iโ€™m sorry thatโ€™s our mistake!

Iโ€™ve now sent a private message to you. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details.  โ˜บ๏ธ

View more options

wrote:

@Matttonic - Iโ€™m sorry thatโ€™s our mistake!

Iโ€™ve now sent a private message to you. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details.  โ˜บ๏ธ

I have already done the same steps with a previous agent and heard nothing back. 

View more options

No one from the customer service team has been in contact?

View more options

@Matttonic - I understand you've contacted my team and we replied on 9 January.  Please let us know if youโ€™ve got a recent email reference (it looks like #123456).

Is it another team youโ€™ve been in touch with as well as us?

@94jdh - Iโ€™ve searched for your email by the address youโ€™ve registered to the Community with and nothingโ€™s showing.

If youโ€™ve followed the steps from the private message we sent to you, then please let us know the email reference from the auto reply (it looks like #123456).

View more options