main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

slow speeds

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

three nights in a row i am recieving slow speeds, ive been with vodafone for 20 months and never had a problem since three nights ago, never had loss of speed, never had any alarming amount of drop outs, since installation nothing has changed in terms of the set up of the router, spoke to your online customer service last night he had me sign into the router to change 3 settings, 2 f which (the channel and split dns) was already set to his recommedation.. his advice temporarily fixed the issue, but tonight i am recieving dl speeds of around 2.9 mbps, when on average...before the last 3 nights the speed was never below 20mbps even during peak times

so what has changed? your technician says my line is fine and he assured me the router settings we changed would solve the issue, but it hasnt.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2: Seeker

Yes I think I've only been able to do anything because I have another connection, my Vodafone was managing just over 1mbps on a line with a 66mbit sync!  Like i say, its generally been spot on until this bank holiday weekend.

The the pictures dont show up after they are uploaded, so I wouldn't bother trying, save your bandwidth!

Appears to be a few people reporting issues since Friday so it's either a network issue or over congestion in a particular area of the network. 

View solution in original position

View more options
17 REPLIES 17

I've found the same issue since Friday, ridiculously slow download speed & packet loss.

During the day everything appears to be fine, but come evening and into the early hours, my line shows an amount of packet loss.

Seems like classic sign of over congestion to me.  Frustrating as my service has always been rock solid since taking on Vodafone broadband.  My other line that is with Plusnet is absolutely fine, so it's not a local issue to the cab or an issue with my equipment, as the connection is load balanced using my router.

Please see my TBB ping graphs:

e01f4750dfc7471e05e13130f1e67462998977b2-25-08-2019.pngcff9a4a01eceea1106531bc8f0330ace17c19f03-24-08-2019.png44785965db61d7fa264baa029624834962023ee2-23-08-2019.png

Thanks

View more options

I feel your pain, id show you mine also but apparently my 0.64mbps wont let me upload a picture! lol 

View more options

Yes I think I've only been able to do anything because I have another connection, my Vodafone was managing just over 1mbps on a line with a 66mbit sync!  Like i say, its generally been spot on until this bank holiday weekend.

The the pictures dont show up after they are uploaded, so I wouldn't bother trying, save your bandwidth!

Appears to be a few people reporting issues since Friday so it's either a network issue or over congestion in a particular area of the network. 

View solution in original position

View more options
4: Newbie

I've got the same... normally 32mbps on superfast 1... but last few days below 5 mbps... so that is stopping even catch up at times.  Xbox is so bad to... those 2 are ethernet so not wifi issue.

I have been using own router (tp-link) and that has stabilised the dropouts.  

So yes something has changed.  I'm north Wales. 

So Vodafone what is happening?

I just dont want another 2 hour job of this and that with putting their router back in to check settings etc when clearly something changed....

Update Monday morning- 32mbps down and 7 up which is my norm...so let's see after tea tonight

View more options

I am also in North Wales

View more options

I'm in Aberdeen and been having the exact same issue since Friday night.

View more options

Similar here, I'm in Merseyside. 

Got bored of being told by Tech support to check with a wired connection, maybe you need a new router, there is nothing wrong with the line... 

View more options

Thing is, I'm using a wired connection 

View more options

My line is now down from 54Mbps to 5Mbps, so I guess it's heading the same was as Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening 

View more options

Yup I'm having the same issues tonight too. 

View more options

3rd time this weekend in chat with Vodafone support. Finally they have found a fault on my line and raised a ticket, should be resolved within 72 hours. 

Not sure why the last two times I was told there was no problem with my line. 

Oh well, fingers crossed this will fix it

View more options

Earlier today  our speed was 22.7mbps, compare that to a test ran 5 minutes ago which was 3.4mbps, so it is 100% not a fault with my line and simply being restricted during peak times.

View more options
Highlighted

So from 32 down this morning I'm now at 3.6 mbps down and 3.43 up....

Come on Vodafone what is going on lately????

View more options

Hi all - @Ianl49@cran1285@AJC24986@myvpops and @griffithsad. Has there been any improvement since the weekend? 

If you're still not getting the speeds you'd expect, we'd love to take a look into this for you as soon as possible. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your usernames and link to this thread in your messages too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options

Nope ! No improvement...unless you call going from 3.6 down to 4.3 down....

I get 32 mbps in morning.  About 4mbps in the evening that's for the last week now... odd times I get 16 mbps download...

So I have spoke at length to an advisor.....was very to the point....on weds. Promised 100% she would call back thurs at 12.00 pm... nope didnt happen.  

A manager did call weds afternoon and said looking into it and want you 100% happy with service...I'm not and havnt been since Jan when joined. He told me there will be compensation available.  I want a stable service 1st. Then agreed if they cant give je what I pay for they would agree to let me leave contract early with no penalty! 

Heard nothing since..no change there. 

Also left something on Twitter. and told to DM you..have done . And got a pin number to start a chat to help....that's now 18 hours ago and no response to the chat...

AGAIN NO SURPRISE. 

This needs sorting asap as its affecting alot of customers not just me.

Nothing wrong with our router or lines etc... 

View more options

It was alright until yesterday evening, and then the exact same issue ocurred again....

Until 11pm when packet loss declined and then completely cleared by midnight.

Known issue again apparantly?

https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/1168281012599775233?s=20

You need to get this sorted out, getting sick of paying my hard earned money to companies like Vodafone, who love to take your money, but don't put any of that money back into their infrastructure!

View more options

I get 32 mbps normal but last 9 days been getting  0.8 mbps-3.4 download in the evenings. Then 32 in the morning when I test again....

Cant get through on live chat...

Expected a call back 5 days ago...

Just not good st all...

View more options