main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

superfast 2 slow speeds are getting worse

14: Advanced member

is it just me or is vodafone getting slower, im on fibre 76 meg and every day at peak time my speed is this below 

time scale december 15th to now 

2.jpgh#

1.jpg3.jpg

View more options
37 REPLIES 37
2: Seeker

I joined Vodafone Broadband just over 2 weeks ago and have been very dissappointed with the speed, a guaranteed minimum speed of 73 Mbps.   Using the speedtest.net speed checker I have barely been above 20 Mbps until this morning when I changed my PC settings to use the 5 GHz channel on the router, now I am getting upto 30 Mbps.  I have also been selecting different server locations in speedtest.net and found that the Vodafone London server consistently results in lower speeds than Xilo and Iomart in Maidenhead where I am clocking 65 and 73 Mbps respectivley.  Unfortunately I can find no way of forcing the use of either of these faster service points.  Vodafone have told me that they know of the speed issue in the Wokingham area and are waiting for OpenReach to install a new 'link' which appears to be atleast one month away.  To say that I am dissappointed is an understatement considering that I was achieveing 66 Mbps on BT until I tried to save £20 per month by going to Vodafone.

View more options
12: Established

If VF are waiting on new backhaul capacity to be added, then you are lucky.... for the rest of us we are stuck with their slow network..... you still have time to leave and it would probably be a wise thing to do!

Sync speed, as you have found out doesn't mean download speed.  Although are saying is that if the line quality is terrible cf its length then the guarantee kicks in, otherwise you are at the mercy of MoneyGrabbingTower / DontCareManagement

View more options

@mbames wrote:

If VF are waiting on new backhaul capacity to be added, then you are lucky.... for the rest of us we are stuck with their slow network..... you still have time to leave and it would probably be a wise thing to do!

Sync speed, as you have found out doesn't mean download speed.  Although are saying is that if the line quality is terrible cf its length then the guarantee kicks in, otherwise you are at the mercy of MoneyGrabbingTower / DontCareManagement

Not sure what your second paragraph means?

View more options
4: Newbie

@ClassicMan wrote:

@mbames wrote:

Not sure what your second paragraph means?

Sync speed describes quality of internet supply pipe. Usually here is not enough water in it. 

View more options
8: Helper

@ClassicMan wrote:

I joined Vodafone Broadband just over 2 weeks ago and have been very dissappointed with the speed, a guaranteed minimum speed of 73 Mbps.   Using the speedtest.net speed checker I have barely been above 20 Mbps until this morning when I changed my PC settings to use the 5 GHz channel on the router, now I am getting upto 30 Mbps.  I have also been selecting different server locations in speedtest.net and found that the Vodafone London server consistently results in lower speeds than Xilo and Iomart in Maidenhead where I am clocking 65 and 73 Mbps respectivley.  Unfortunately I can find no way of forcing the use of either of these faster service points.  Vodafone have told me that they know of the speed issue in the Wokingham area and are waiting for OpenReach to install a new 'link' which appears to be atleast one month away.  To say that I am dissappointed is an understatement considering that I was achieveing 66 Mbps on BT until I tried to save £20 per month by going to Vodafone.

They're fobbing you off to get passed the 30 day period, leave before it ends and go to a proper provider.

View more options

Run away while you can 

View more options

my speed has got worse since nov 2018 , vodafone has said that my issue has not been allocated a time scale and could take over 12 months before the issue is sorted , vodafone say it has only a amber light ,not sure what a red light must mean then 

not sure how you can say 80meg fibre running a download speed of 4meg every single night is only a amber light

View more options

@gipjon wrote:

my speed has got worse since nov 2018 , vodafone has said that my issue has not been allocated a time scale and could take over 12 months before the issue is sorted , vodafone say it has only a amber light ,not sure what a red light must mean then 

not sure how you can say 80meg fibre running a download speed of 4meg every single night is only a amber light

What is your fault reference, when you reported it? Do you want it sorted? Post here

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Slow-Throughput-Speed-Repairs-Tracker/td-p/2626023#

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

It sounds like some peak time congestion @gipjon.

Our engineers do monitor for this, and when we need to upgrade a cable link, it’s done as quickly as possible.

Have you had this raised as a fault at anytime?

Blair

View more options

yes @Blair.  i raise the issue last week of nov, first week of december, second week of dec , third week of dec, 4 week of dec, first week of jan and so on etc. Got told its a cable link issue and bt has not given a time scale to fix the issues ,Vodafone said it could even take over 12 month to fix , Went on live chat yesterday and the advisor said “you don't have a cable link issue you have peak time congestion” and then went on to say ,have you raise a fault before, I said yes .Advisor had a look and came back and said sorry i can't see any faults raise before, i'm so glad i keep all my transcripts.

Can i ask is this the new script to tell people its peak time congestion after you have just said the same thing blair "peak time congestion "

View more options

cant understand how vodafone can let things get so bad , i have had 3mb and under all day 

View more options
3: Seeker

Similar problems here, During off peak hours speed it good but during peak hours when family want to watch movie or TV over internet the speed is terrible usually less then 10 mbps.

View more options
Highlighted
12: Established

@woodyN wrote:

Similar problems here, During off peak hours speed it good but during peak hours when family want to watch movie or TV over internet the speed is terrible usually less then 10 mbps.

Typical signs of overselling in a given area / lack of capacity.

View more options

i got a called this afternoon from tech2 about my 4mb download speed every single day at peak time. The advisor said its "congestion on the network and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon. If i can send him speed tests 3 times a day to show that it slows down at peak time  it may help to try and push the issue forward by sending them to tech 3 " ,

,i ask about these updates that phil has told us about with the line card. And node etc

"tech 2 advisors said we don't know yet how these updates are even going to be rolled out yet" but the odd thing was he did say "that it was not going to fix the issue of slow speed " so i don't know what the hell is really going off ,

If any moderator wants to pull the phone call you're more than welcome because this has gone passed a JOKE

I think it is about time you gave everyone free broadband until this is fixed as i don't see how you can continue to charge us for something that we're not getting

It would be like booking a taxi and the taxi does not turn up , and yet you still get billed for the taxi

View more options

I sent a letter to the Complaints Manager yesterday with a detailed report of speed measurements several times per day over the past 2 weeks or so.  I am asking for a plan of what they are doing to address the issue and also a rebate until they provide a connection that achieves the minimum guarateed speed.  I will let you know IF and when I get a response.

View more options

gipjon leave while you still can.

View more options

I can leave at any time ,i'm not on a contact

but saying that i can't just sit back and watch what is happening to customers it's so wrong and unfair . It must be having a devastating effects on people lifes and relationship when all they want to do is sit down and watch a good film on Netflix after a hard day etc. I can't even imagine what it would be like for Vodafone staff

How can vodafone let things get so bad that customers are force to leave . what makes it worse is when you ring up and vodafone say . we have not heard of that issue before and our router and network are running great.

Vodafone seriously needs to sort this and contact customers affected with a senior technical advisor and not someone who's going to say please split your Wi-Fi and does not have a clue 

I myself have/are facing these issue below

1st issue router wont stay sync and is crippled with fec corrections , vodafone has know about this for over two year

2nd issue wifi : disabling and then turns itself back on throwing all the devices off for 3 seconds , which is a lifetime if your watching netflix . 3 seconds off 5 seconds to reconnect . 10 seconds for netflix to catch up and start playing again

3rd issue routing issue , not sure if this is a issues or not anymore 

4th issue congestion on the network loads of customer on 76 meg fibre are only getting 5meg at peak times etc

5th cable link issue or not vodafone cant make there minds up about it

View more options

but Vodafone does not care as long as they are taking your money they will lie to you they delay you they will give you a discount but make sure your only getting there minimum speed guaranteed and if your getting that they will not try to fix it if you try to leave they will make you go through hell to get there they will try to blame your equipment.  pc too many wireless devices it's your cables any think but Vodafone they will close your case without asking if it's fixed. they will say we tried to contact you (lies) then make go through it all again are you connected to master socket can you restart the modem and on and on it goes... like to end on a plus my upload speed it the best it ever been .??

View more options