Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

1571 set up landline

NICKHALL71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone - please can you set up my 1571 on my landline?

When you sold me the line I was assured I could have a personalised voicemail.

Your help pages say to phone a generic number which just takes me round in circles - it could only help me if I wanted to turn my 1571 on again, or for a mobile phone.

It would be great if  real person could sort this out for me please.

11 REPLIES 11

network123
5: Helper

Is your landline VOIP?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You are not talking to Vodafone here, just other users (I don't include the Mods), but we will help if we can.

Are you on FTTP (full fibre) as the option is not available on that.

If you are on FTTC, Voicemail is available free, but Voicemail plus is £2.65 per month. (don't know what the plus gives you). See: vfcon112506.pdf (vodafone.co.uk) page 10.

Thanks Jay

1571 answerphone now working, but I would like to set up a personalised message - any idea how to do this?  Again - I have been assured by Vodafone that this is included in my contract.

This is for a landline - so not VOIP.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Answer phone services not available on FTTP. Great to know now I have joined VF already.  🙄 How dumb of me to assume that a basic landline might have a built in answer phone service, plus extras like optional number blocking and free call deals. According to my Vodafone web page none of these things are available to me.  This is just the sort of thing that should be made clear in proper headlines before you dive in and commit yourself.

@Windlown - it might be worth a look at a phone with an in-built answer machine. Shouldn’t be expected to fork out for new equipment, but apparently that’s not thought of by VF.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @NICKHALL71 we'd need to take a look at your account, so that we can help further with this - please get in touch over social media

As @Jayach has mentioned, it may depend on the type of service you have as to what options are available 🙂

1571 now working - please can you confirm how to leave a personalised msg on this service? I have been assured that this option is within the contract I have.

many thanks

Jayach

Looks like you need Voicemail Plus for that. Home phone deals & features | Vodafone UK

Somebody may have been telling porkies.

Sadly I'm guessing you are correct.

Admin / moderator, please can you contact me to add this to my contract. It would be lovely if you contacted me, rather than leaving me to wait half an hour to speak to an advisor.