Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT call blocking phone. Doesn’t accept # from incoming calls to screen calls

ZOBBY1
4: Newbie

Hi. Not sure where the issue lies. Recently our BT call blocking phones

Have stopped screening calls successfully. Essentially what happens is that when unknown callers ring and announce their voice and press the # key the # doesn’t seem to be recognised and it keeps asking and ultimately rejecting the call. I’m on fttp with voip via Vodafone. I’m pretty sure that it used to work following my transfer to Vodafone but I can be 100%. I’ve tried resetting everything and switching everything on and off again. Workaround is disabling call screening which obviously isn’t ideal. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Can’t work out if it’s the call blocking phones which are relatively new or the landline service. Many thanks for any advice!  

16 REPLIES 16

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

As vodafone offer no call features it makes sense that the codes don't make it across the network. Call a friend and ask them to press the # key a few times while you listen. Then get them to call you and repeat the test. Don't just listen for the tone, judge the quality too as best you can. You should be able to clearly make out two different frequencies. 

Jayach

Once the call is established, I would expect both ends to believe it's an analogue connection, but I really have no hard evidence for that.

Interesting problem though.. (but not if you are experiencing it)

landi_uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I assume you are talking about BT Call Guardian?

Reading a few threads in different places it may be a caller display issue.

BillyJag
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

did you ever get an answer for the # needed when using announcements on the BT handset call blocker?

I have same issue

My current work around is to amend the settings on the BT blocker handset to send callers straight to the answer phone rather than try announcements.  It works but not as good an option.

its def a issue with handling the # needed to get the announcement option successfully completed.

Hi. 

No I never got it working. I keep trying every so often. I really want to move my land line to a separate voip provider - but that seems full of risk too. 

I have exactly same issue. Bt router/bt premium combination worked but vodafone router/bt premium has the # caller issue

Yes I have the same issue too. The call announcer Hash button for incoming caller works on the old analogue line. The phone is now plugged into my Ultra Hub and the phone cannot detect a user pressing the hash button.