Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't receive calls

mcfall0210
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been a broadband and  landline customer since February 2019. I am able to make outgoing calls but I have not been able to receive calls since my number was transferred from talk talk. At first I didn't think it was a big deal until more and more people have been trying to reach us on our landline so decided to chase it up. I was in touch with vodafone last week about this fault after it had been reported the week before that (been going on two weeks now) with the outcome being that an openreach engineer visited and declared no fault on their end. Heard nothing from Vodafone since the openreach report was submitted to them. Patience wearing thin. Don't know what progress has been made so feel now that I have to chase Vodafone AGAIN!!! 

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, have to play captain obvious here...

Have you called your own mobile from your landline to check that the number is correct?

Remember this is Vodafone we are talking about, even the most basic thing can get messed up for little to no good reason!

thanks for the reply Keith. Yes multiple times and the openreach engineer also did a few times. When trying to ring my landline from my mobile an automated response says the number you have dialled is invalid

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mcfall0210 So one of our team can take a closer look into the landline porting order for you to fix this, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Josh,
As per your suggestion I have went on Twitter, noting resolve yet but someone responded with a question and I have answered it and no update since!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Ellement40, I'm glad to hear you've got in touch; from what you've described it does sound like a split port.

Sorry that no ones got back to you yet, we're a little busier than usual on our social channels at the moment; but rest assured we'll be contact as soon as we can. 

Thank you TJ.

In this era, this type of fault should not happened during the switching. I have speaking to someone, he said when the team complete the porting, they should a testing call the number and request a return call to ensure the porting is completed correctly. If they would have done that, they would have realised there is an issue immediately and check the details again and take action to resolve it.

We are over 6 weeks with no incoming calls, this not acceptable!

TJ

Thanks so much for the update @Ellement40 - I'm glad you've got in touch and completely understand your frustration with how long this has been going on for. Please continue to keep me updated and let me know how you get on. 

Yesterday another Openreach engineer visit, he checked the line and went to check the connectivity at exchanges and his line test is passed. He said, no issue on BT/Openreach side, same as the last engineer visited on 26th July. Not sure what is next step, I hate to use the word hope in technical world ….  I am now have to hope the Vodafone really have a deep look into this problem and resolve it for me.

Hi there 

Realise I'm picking up on an old thread here, but did you manage to get this resolved Ellement40?

I am having exactly the same problem having recently signing up to Vodafone broadband from Virgin Media. I had written confirmation that my VM landline number would be transferred across at the time of installation. (It didn't but apparently was activated on 1st April)

Having been speaking with a Vodafone representative via Twitter they have assured me that the number ported successfully but, at present, I can only make outgoing calls on my Vodafone line. When I try calling the landline from a mobile it rings via the exchange but not on the handset (and yes, I have checked the volume is set high as suggested by the Vodafone Twitter team!)

To confuse matters further, my Virgin landline is still active and I can both make and receive calls on it using the same number that was transferred to Vodafone. So currently I have two seperate phone lines with difffernt suppliers using the same number!!

Please HELP as I'm getting nowhere fast here 😡