Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Careline Emergency phone

royharris2020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am thinking about switching to Vodafone Broadband and telephone but am getting some conflicting advice. I currently have BT Broadband and Landline and have an Emergency Phone connected to the landline. Because the  eremergency phone has battery backup it will continue to work in a power cut and providing there is not a fault on the landline. I am thinking of switching to Vodafone Broadband and telephone but am concerned that in view of the way Vodafone routes its landline calls, the emergency phone may not work in the event of a power cut or if the internet is down. I posed the same question to Sky and it seemed that they were saying I would have to pay a monthly Landline fee the lack of which is of course the attraction of the Vodafone offer.

A response from one person has actually left me wondering whether the emergency phone will work at all under any circumstances even if the internet is up.

Sorry that this reflects my lack of understanding as to how Vodafone's landline service actually works but am trying to learn before irrevocably pressing the button to switch.

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

My advice, especially as the line is important to you, is stay well away from Vodafone.

The Vodafone packages that include calls are £8.00 more than without so it's no different to paying for a call package. (except you get an Apple TV included)

The Careline should work O.K. with any provider as long as the phone system is not VOIP.