main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Landline

How to get bill notifications to email not SMS?

Highlighted
4: Newbie

On top of not being sure where I asked for notifications by SMS in the first place, how do I get bill notifications to the account holder email address?

Right now I get SMS about fixed lines from 'Vodafone' which is the same as the ones about my PAYG mobile.

Not to be confused with the ones from 'Vodafone.' or 'VODAFONE' or 'VodafoneUK' or even 'Verify' which seems also to be Vodafone, or even the unnamed number-only ones. It's nice that the company had a go at sensible sender-naming but apart from missing the point about being able to tell which is which, the selection appears to have been at random.

Back to the main point, how do I get it changed such that the actual account holder gets the notifications, and then preferably only by email? I'm fairly sure I went through the entire set of online account manager pages but it's possible I missed something.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

There us some info in 》 Viewing-my-bill  in regards to general info around billing @xdmn_083 

May i suggest you ask customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  to see if they can accommodate your request.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4: Newbie

Thanks for the answer, though I won't hide my surprise and disappointment that it's not a standard option that I simply overlooked, given it's the actual official registered account billing contact address and the choices normally available for billing are by post or by email, rather than by text saying  'pay us teh moneh smileyface lol'.

Though if it turns out to be a problem - I have found support frequently claimed not to be able to send emails confirming anything because the system wouldn't let them - then I will change the primary contact number to be my landline number. because whist utterly pointless and futile, will provide some degree of satisfaction to hear the message on the answer machine.

View more options