Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline

Joningy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Changed ISP from BT to Vodafone last Friday, my 70mbs fibre works well but no landline phone. I connected the phone to the VF green router socket using the supplied cable, but nothing. After wasting hours chatting to (useless) online support, no better of. Except the phone is now plugged into the Openreach wall socket, but still no landline. With 2 dependant relatives, we urgently need landline.

36 REPLIES 36

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@WelshPaul wrote:

You don't need a phone connected to the TEL1 port on the back of the router for the phone service to provision or the led to illuminate. 

Thanks for confirming that. I was never sure when the phone led became illuminated, not being on FTTP.

WelshPaul

Just to confirm that the "Phone" led has nothing to do with any physical device being connected or disconnected to the TEL1 / TEL2 ports. The LED is there to show that a successful SIP configuration has been loaded and that SIP registration is successful. It's very likely that the led changes colour (maybe red or orange) when voice is configured but registration has failed. No different to the LED's on any other analog telephone adapter.

No LED simple means that there is no voice profile configured on the device and so both ports are dead.

(That's how analog telephone adapters work.)

Also worth mentioning that any ITSP can remote access and/or push a new provisioning file to a device no matter where the device is located in the world. The real problem here is the lack of knowledge and understanding of the very basics of VoIP by Vodafone support. 🤷🏼‍♂️

So if anyone has no phone service and the "Phone" led is off but the internet works, factory reset the device and wait 30/60 minutes and it should re-configure itself.

(A working internet connection is required - without one the device cannot request or receive the required provisioning file)

Hi....read your reply and I am having a simlar problem BUT I can make calls but not receive them and no-one at VF seems able to sort it our. Useless. Would a reset sort this out? Thanks

Jayach

I doubt a factory reset will make a difference. So are you on FTTP?

Is it possible your number got lost and you now have a new one?

Yes I am on Fttp and it has been suggested my number may be 'lost' by someone else but as I can make calls on the landline and when I phone my son ,it comes up as my own number hence I can't see it being another number. It would have been easier to have a completely new number !!! I am getting nowhere with VF, just continually fobbed off.  Keeping me awake at night as my landline is vital to me for contact. 

WelshPaul

Sounds like a split port. 

Are you new to Vodafone and did you port over an existing number?

Yes to both . 

Hi @Mazzy13, this sounds very frustrating, please drop our broadband team a message on Twitter or Facebook. The team can review the account to find out what has been tried so far and what the next steps are. All of the contact details can be found here, when you do send a message, just select 'Message an adviser' to get connected. 

Tried twice, no adviser available...absolute rubbish customer service. I am writing to complaints, Ombudsman and am going to cancel contract as VF canot fulfil  their committment. Had the nerve to send me a bill for two months when I haven't had a fully working landline for all of that time.  Should have stayed with Talktalk.

Tried but no-one responding . I have been in tears with all this, it's stopping me sleeping. |||||||||||||||||||Being able to receive calls is vital as I have an elderley relative who may   (and does) need to contact me and can't get through.