cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Massive bill after only 7 days with Vodafone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why have I got this prediction of my first bill?  I am accused of using services beyond the limits of my package. This includes phone calls. I haven't used the landline for calls yet! I was only activated on 7th March! My bill is £103.50 including £25.50 out of plan charges! What is this rubbish? This must be resolved! I have 6 days left in which a can ditch this contract without penalty. If it isn't sorted forthwith I am leaving Vodafone. 

275287069_10227834058621485_1580096970246102807_n.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

The first bill will always be more than expected, this is due to pro rata charging where Vodafone charge one months line rental in advance, plus some extra days or weeks billing to bring you in line with your billing date.

This is just a prediction, the bill hasn't yet been generated, it may not be the full £103.50.  When the bill is online ready to be viewed, things usually make more sense and you will need to check the dates you have been billed.

The Social Team will be able to go through the bill with you and answer all your questions here: Contact Us 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying in advance I guess I can understand, although in my world I pay for what I use.  Predicting that I am going to go beyond the plan is a bizarre approach guaranteed to cause disconcernation. Why do it? 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

There have been a few threads where the estimated bill has been higher than what was expected. When the actual bill arrived it was correct, but yours seems very excessive, What did you sign up to?

CrimsonLiar

With only £17.50 being shown as out of plan charges, I suspect you may have been charged for an installation visit!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am paying for Broadband Gigafast  900 + landline with no frills.  I was told that the monthly payment  would be £68.00 with no installation fee. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous - I understand the importance in making sure your bill is reflecting correctly. It will likely be down to pro-rata as @AnnS has advised.

For us to double check this though, please get in touch with us on social media. Make sure to include your landline/account number, link back to this forum thread and your forum username so that you don't have to repeat yourself.