Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting existing landline number

BRIANJRIDLEY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

When I took out a new broadband contract I was guaranteed my landline number would be ported within 24hrs of going live, 5days later it hadn’t been done I’ve done webchats couple of times a day and visited the store that sold the contract on 4 occasions each time the the porting date has gone back? Currently today I get a text saying it will take 14 days from going live. As I require unbroken landline connection as due surgery   Tomorrow nobody can contact me. Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to get this resolved @BRIANJRIDLEY especially if you need to have use of your landline for medical reasons. So that we can check the status of your activation and landline port, could you get in touch with us on social media? Make sure to include your account number, link back to this forum thread and your forum username to save repeating yourself.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

No real suggestions, but if it hasn't been ported yet, it's unlikely to be.

Do you not have a mobile number you could use instead?

You could try raising a complaint, sometimes that can get better action.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to get this resolved @BRIANJRIDLEY especially if you need to have use of your landline for medical reasons. So that we can check the status of your activation and landline port, could you get in touch with us on social media? Make sure to include your account number, link back to this forum thread and your forum username to save repeating yourself.

I’ve tried responding through DM but your agent has ignored my post and not responded, usual response from Vodafone 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BRIANJRIDLEY I'm sorry to hear this is the experience you've had with us so far - I can see we've requested you to send over the community post link so that the agents know the issue. If you send them over the link to this thread they'll be able to assist further.

I’ve sent the details to your agent and have said they can’t help as it’s outside thief expertise 

I'm sorry you weren't able to get this resolved over social media @BRIANJRIDLEY I know how important your landline number is to you.

Please call Vodafone customer services on 191 free from a Vodafone Pay monthly mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply) and ask to speak to the dedicated Broadband team. They will be able to check your port in request and give you more information about why the date keeps being pushed back.

Marie_1
1: Seeker

Hi My landline number has not been ported, I have spoken to tech help,  transferred around 3 different and was promised that the number would be recovered from talk-talk within 16 days, This is well period is well past now and the number has not been reinstated. I am 91 years old I have many years of contacts with my old number that can't contact me, including GP surgery and other health care professionals as well as my extended family. Very disappointing and oh so difficult and complicated at my age.

I understand your pain, I’ve had the same issue. Vodafone have no intention of port in any existing landlines they mess you around for days and weeks saying they’re going to do it until you reach the end of cancellation period and then tell they’ve lost the number and can’t port in. It’s an appalling way to tread customers, would never use Vodafone for any business

We know the importance of having a landline and we're sorry to hear that the transfer of the numbers is not going smoothly.

@Marie_1, if you could please send us a message on Twitter or Facebook, our team will be happy to check what's happening with the port-in request. All of the contact details can be found here, when you do send us a message, please include your Community username.

@BRIANJRIDLEY did you manage to speak with our dedicated broadband team on the number sent over by Steph?