Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

So will I lose my free calls package?

thesled
4: Newbie

I'm nearly at the end of my 24 month contract and I had a text message to renew on a new 24-month contract which I was fine to do as it all works OK and it would save me a £3 price increase. 

However I have a free calls package which it looks like I will lose on renewal. I chatted with Vodafone and the guy said 'we don't do those anymore'. But he also said I would keep the package if I didn't renew the contract. To add a new package would be £8 a month. 

So it seems a no-brainer. I bale out of the renewal on the 14-day getout, swallow the £3 increase and keep the calls package for free rather than save the £3 and pay an extra £8 for the calls package. On balance I probably benefit from the calls package as I do make quite a lot. 

However what I wouldn't want to happen is that I cancel the renewal and find my calls package mysteriously doesn't come back. Then the fun really starts !

Any thoughts on this very welcome, especially if you know if I would automatically keep the calls package by not renewing the contract. Or not. 

34 REPLIES 34

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Jayach I've started the stopwatch. Does anyone want to bet on when the service is disconnected and/or an engineer appears to carry out an installation?

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

@Jayach I've started the stopwatch. Does anyone want to bet on when the service is disconnected and/or an engineer appears to carry out an installation?

Well, I've already had the text saying it's been cancelled, so I don't think that will happen. But then, this is Vodafone.

Ripshod

@Jayach with all your knowledge I never thought I'd see you refuse the upgrade 

I've just gone 500Mb.

How to make a guy feel inadequate. Every time I check my broadband speed, I get 74 Mbit/s and think, "Is that all?", but then I remember that the connection I pay for is 74 Mbit/s! <faceplant>

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

@Jayach with all your knowledge I never thought I'd see you refuse the upgrade 

Trouble is the "upgrade" they were offering was Full Fibre 2 (73x18) at £24.00 per month. (with yearly increases)

Connect Fibre are offering their Full Fibre (150x150 but without a phone service) for £22.50. fixed for 18 months.

I'm not good at decisions.