Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble porting Landline from Virgin Media

Juleswhitti
2: Seeker

Hi I had  Vodafone Broadband and phone line installed today and tonight I made a few calls but family were unable to make incoming calls. (mainly kept landline for elderly parents) and requested to keep existing phone number.  Phoned virgin media and I am being charged £19 to keep phone line until number is ported? They said Vodafone had to call them to request number port be released to them, whatever that means and until that happens I won’t be able to receive incoming calls which is ridiculous.  Please help. 
ive been on hold to Vodafone for ages now. 
thanks

julie

8 REPLIES 8

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is normally something that would be covered in the conversation when you join us @Juleswhitti. We can't guarantee being able to transfer a number from Virgin to our network, but if requested, will always try to do this. This is usually done via an automated request, not a phone call. As we'll need access to your account to see if this is available, already been requested, or needs to be requested, pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help.

Hello Mark,  got through last Thursday and spoke to someone who said it had been requested but may take 3/4 days to port. Still no luck receiving incoming calls. Can you help? I am not sure what to do, we can phone out fine but I need a landline for my mum and mum in law to phone us.  If this is not possible to port existing number will I be able to get a new number instead ( though this is not preferred option) thanks Julie Whittjngham

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If you are able to ring out what does the CLI tell them your number is? (try ringing your own mobile, if you have one, to see)

Hi

When you join VodaFone from Virgin Media the LandLine port is part of that process, unless VodaFone did not ask about your existing number.

So you plug in a filter and then your phone. VF Router telephone ports.png or try the rear of the router.

If you do hear a dial tone,

dial 17070 and select option 2 from the menu – this should be the Quiet Line Test

VODAFONE MUST request the port of the number, VM will then release it.

mikek73

I hope you got this sorted.

For what it's worth, I have been with Vodafone for a number of years, they provided my Landline number and Broadband service, but when I upgraded to the new FTTH Gigafast service, they say they cannot port my Landline because it's a Virgin Media number.

I have never heard so much tosh in all my life.

Jayach

@mikek73 wrote:

For what it's worth, I have been with Vodafone for a number of years, they provided my Landline number and Broadband service, but when I upgraded to the new FTTH Gigafast service, they say they cannot port my Landline because it's a Virgin Media number.

Are you saying Vodafone say they can't move your number from FTTC to FTTP even though they were already providing it on FTTC?

Yup.  That's what they're saying.

Jayach

Very strange.😕