Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

land line down no divert to mobile possible

Catnip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, My voda landline has a fault and I am told that it cannot be diverted to my voda mobile temporarly. This seems odd as it was possible more than 20 years ago. The explanation is that because it is down a divert from Voda 's end cannot be done. Is this correct ?  Thanks for any information. I am on payg plan 1, I realise that we are the lowest scum of Vodafone  but it suits my use regardless. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I don't think Call Divert to Vodafone Payg is the same as Pay Monthly in the same way  @Catnip 

From How-do-I-manage-call-diverts 

“ If you're on Pay as you go, you can only divert incoming calls to voicemail. ”

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, B.o.B thanks for your response, I suspected this may be the case but the agent's explanation was the usual 'computer says no'  stuff.  I changed to payg on retirement as it worked ok for me.  I get the impression that payg is not really welcome any more on the system. 

BandOfBrothers

Hey @Catnip 

You're welcome.

Payg is welcome but isn't as featured as Pay Monthly which is pretty much the same across the UK Network's in the main.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Catnip 

According to this link: Landline - Call Divert you are able to set up a divert to your chosen number.  Even though you are on PAYG 1 Vodafone should still be able to divert the calls whilst your landline is out of service.

I would get better clarification, and this is where the Twitter Team will be in a better position to answer your question here: Contact Us 

Hi, AnnS. I will get one of the Grand kids to take a look, This twittter stuff is beyond me. 

AnnS

Hi @Catnip 

It's simple enough to do and your Grandchildren will have it all figured out.  As far as the number is concerned, it will be just a number to Vodafone, unless they checked they wouldn't know if it was PAYG or pay monthly and it is one of their own numbers.

Really don't understand Vodafone's reason for being unable to divert calls when you are able to divert to a number of your choice.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@AnnS wrote:
As far as the number is concerned, it will be just a number to Vodafone, unless they checked they wouldn't know if it was PAYG or pay monthly and it is one of their own numbers.

Really don't understand Vodafone's reason for being unable to divert calls when you are able to divert to a number of your choice.

I thought exactly the same when I saw BoB's reply.

Edit: I think the page BoB linked to is for diverting from a mobile, not landline.

AnnS

@Jayach wrote:

@AnnS wrote:
As far as the number is concerned, it will be just a number to Vodafone, unless they checked they wouldn't know if it was PAYG or pay monthly and it is one of their own numbers.

I thought exactly the same when I saw BoB's reply.

Absolutely, @Jayach Vodafone make it clear calls can be diverted to a number of the customers choice, this means any number, regardless of the tariff on any network.

@Catnip  I would recommend waiting for the Social Team to get to this thread.

Jayach

@AnnS wrote:

@Catnip  I would recommend waiting for the Social Team to get to this thread.

Just don't hold your breath! (they don't work on a Sunday)