Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Home Broadband

Darrenf0x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys,

I today purchased a sim/mobile account from the Vodafone store with unlimited data and calls, I believe it to be just a normal phone contract sim, I was told that it would work with my recently purchesed Huawei AI cube B900, but I just can not get it to connect to the internet, If I put the sim into a phone it works and connects to the internet OK, and the router works fine with a 3 mobile and an O2 sim in it, Ive had a little search on here/online and seen aot about changing IP and DNS settings but im not to clued up on this.

Do I have the wrong contract as in should it be a broadband sim?

Is it vodafone and the cube not compatible?

why does my standard mobile O2 sim and a 3 mobile data sim work OK?

or is it just me not knowing how to set it up?

Thanks in advance

Darren

33 REPLIES 33

Hi Beth,

It is going to 4G after roughly a day or so, however with every small restart of the router I have to wait another 24-48 hours to get 4G. Trying to manually select Vodafone 4G network results in "registration failed" notification.

I've already escalated this and was supposed to hear back from a manager by Monday but no one called. Really disappointed and considering whether I should cancel and take on a different SIM from another provider.

I have exactly the same issue - no 4G using a Vodafone sim in a B900 -230. 

worked fine on 3.

Managed to speak to a Voda 3rd line support chap who was really pleasant but could not work out what was wrong - he could see the device registering on 2, 3 & 4G and then bouncing back to 3G.

ive just ordered a different router so hopefully that should solve it.

I’ll call Huawei tomorrow to see if they can help find a solution...

Really? Can you please keep me posted with how you get on? Hopefully we can help one another.

I've spoken to Vodafone and they were completely useless. Said they'll ring me back but never did. Tried the chat 5 times with no help other than suggesting they'll send a different sim.

Huawei said I can send the router to be repaired but not sure if it'll help....

I'll keep you posted here. Will you kindly do the same so hopefully together we can solve it?

Hey just to update you,

I've received a new device AI CUBE (b900-230) from Huawei and it still does not work on 4G. 3G only. I'm not sure why but it is definitely Vodafone's issue and not Huawei.

Ordered a replacement router (TP Link Archer AC1200).

Works beautifully.

i just wonder if the original 3 configuration file on the B900 has something to do with it - even though it is unlocked?

So I’m £100 down with a B900 ornament!

Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks so much for the update.

I might do the same though I hope Vodafone will address this issue

Also just checked this C1200 - I don't see it being a 4G router? Where do you insert the sim?

The full product description is TP Link Archer MR400 AC1200.

It is widely available (Amazon etc).

Thanks! You rock. I'll check it out

Hi, 

Did this get resolved on Vodafones end - I see the conversation continued with no further moderator input?

I have the same issue - no/sporadic (and short lived) 4G connectivity but consistent 3G connection with my Vodafone sim in my Huawei AI cube B900-230, whilst able to get great (120+mbs/down, 20+mbs/up) 4G speeds with the same Vodafone SIM in my phone (Huawei P30 Pro).

Tried my EE sim in the router and I'm able to pull similar 4G speeds (40+mbs/down, 5+mbs/up) in the cube as I am with my phone.

Definitely seems to be an issue on Vodafones end from what I've read; support (level 2) were no help insisting it was 'Geographical related issues' 🙃

I'm on a 5G enabled Unlimited (no throttling) SIM only contract for reference.

Would really appreciate a response from Vodafone on this re what is causing the problem/best guess, and if/how they're going to solve it.