Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g signal halved

highland56k
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi folks...

4g broadband signal halved after installing the eurosport app on my devices. 10mbs to 4mbs. Signal strength on router is 25%. Tried 3g and its the same speed with a 75% signal. I use an exterior poynting omni mimo antenna and an archer mr200 router. Tested this for the last 2 weeks everyday and very little change. I am fed up sitting on chat with folks that really have not a clue, kept them happy by changing the sim lol. This happened the very next day after installing the app. It's the same on our 2 Vodafone handsets too. I used a van and got 1mbs more consistently on test. Really fed up as I signed up on the basis of the connection and WiFi calling that we have never been able to get to work...with 3 phones and pitiful results. Should have stayed with tesco.

6 REPLIES 6

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @highland56k! I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues. Can you please take a look at our Network template here and post a completed version on this thread? We'd be happy to look into it further with you 🙂

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community/Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries/td-p/263...

This is the link you gave me .?? Sorry but I that where it goes ?

OK worked it out.

IV1

Happens all over your site

Iv13zg

3 sims Sony xa2 pixel 4 and mr200 modem....change the sim as asked by Live Chat (3 people to end up with that solution lol).

No errors constant poor signal one day after installing eurosport.

Same speed 3g or 4g bizarrely

Permanently problematic issue.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for locating our initial network checks @highland56k - When you say 'It happens all over our site' do you mean, you experience the issue in all locations?

I've checked your postcode on our network systems and can see that 3G signal is less reliable and patchy so slow speeds are to be expected. 4G signal in your postcode looks good, however 4G in your surrounding area is similar to 3G, it's less reliable and patchy. 

I would advise completing a manual roam on your device which will refresh you on the network, this can improve network quality. Please see our device guides for steps on how to do this. Select your device > Connectivity > Select Network.

Do you know if the Eurosport app is running in the background when you're not using it? You can adjust which apps have background usage, if you're not sure how to do this, please let us know the make and model of your device.

Hi Evie

Sorry but you don't see to see what I am saying. I have 3 devices all with the same issues. No amount of wandering wandering round the site will improve it. I had a satisfactory connection and the day after installing the eurosprot app....which is used on the TV and tablet over the WiFi on the mr200... the speed dropped by half. I use the other 2 devices with no mr200 connected its the same..half speed.

As a side note wifi calling which I signed up for doesn't work either. It will work 100m away on another broadband connection but not on our home one. Google say its the carrier who is at fault. So I am not very happy with all of this given I pay 50 per month for a maximum unlimited that struggles to give me more than a couple of devices without buffering when it worked perfectly before.

Funnily I chose vodafkne because before our house was but on a cheap Chinese antenna connected to the modem stuck out the window of the caravan I was achieving speeds of 70mbs on pay data sim. Now with the antenna mounted on the house roof with expensive antenna and roof mounting bracket in the same place as the old caravan I get 4 if I am lucky.

device guide is for phones, gigacube is to listed