main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

5G with Huawei CPE Pro 2

vellori
2: Seeker

Hello,

this might be a bit technical but after going through few months of troubleshooting in which I replaced my router, replaced my SIM, reset all network devices quite a few times... I noticed that my internet connection lags or is bumpy only when the router is assigned some IPs. For example now I have 148.252.128.xxx and it works beautifully.

Some IP that seem to be troublesome, instead:

Here is what usually happens when I have one IP similar to the 85.255.xxx.xxx above:

- I open Safari on my iPhone and try to open a website (even google, doesn't matter which one)

- the loading indicator make some progress then it gets stuck

- if I wait most of the times the page will eventually time out

- if I reload or input the web address again, it usually works fine

That doesn't only happen with Safari, but also using apps, OKLA Speedtest, streaming services like Netflix, Prime etc.

Curiously the speed of the connection is never a problem, I usually have 400+/70+ but, again, when the router has one of those 85.255.xxx.xxx IP .. it seems just more "difficult" to establish a connection.

I realise this might be a long shot but... is there a way to investigate this with a more serious approach, perhaps also on Vodafone side? After all the device reset, device swap, sim swap, etc... I am getting a bit ut of ideas.

If needed I have lot more info to share.

Thanks!

View more options