main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Age-restricted content bar can not be removed

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I signed up to vodafone mobile broadband last week not being made aware that vodafone mobile broadband is heavily censored compared to other providers and there is no way to remove it. I have rung vodafone twice now to remove all bars and have been reassured that they have been removed and I still can not access what I need to on the internet with the site blocked warning coming up.

Is there any wya to remove this without cancelling and signing up with another provider? Why are vodafone not more transparent that their internet is heavily censosred?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

It's understandable that age content bars are in place to stop minors etc from accessing gambling sites and adult sites etc.

That said age content bars shouldn't be an issue to remove once the account holder has passed criteria.

For example on my Vodafone Payg account this can be removed within myvodafone.

A person can pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store with photo ID and have the bar lifted too.

Perhaps contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @Ady2019 

I don't know if you have tried to remove content control through your online account, this is easily done by following the steps on this link:

Content Control Settings

View more options
2: Seeker

Yes I have tried to remove it from the online self-service I have also rung customer services twice and they have assured me that it has been removed but it is still there. It just will not go. Is this a problem with the vodafone network or am I being fobbed off and they don't want to remove the bars for anyone?

Why do they not give you the option to opt out when you first sign up like plusnet do. Why make it compulsary and then make it impossible to remove. Is there an e-mail for customer services? I have tried to find one but I just keep battling with this stupid autobot thing which does not take into account when things don't work.

View more options

Yes there is an email address in Here.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options