Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android Nougat Downgrade!

mygeneration
4: Newbie

I pay for extra data because I listen to streaming radio on my phone. Until the latest android system downgrade to Nougat 7.1.1. Now it shuts down every 5 minutes despite me switching the three or four ways to keep the app running in the background.
I mean, what an awful shoddy piece of work where you have to hunt around on the system because there isn't one simple way of switching it on permanently.

The reason I'm posting here is that unless it's fixed, there's really no point in me paying for extra data and I assume the same applies to other providers in the industry, so any chance of putting pressure on the planet where the android developers hang out? 

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's not completely clear what the exact issue is here, but there are a number of possible fixes.

1. Clear recent apps.   This will force them all the start afresh and solves a lot of issues.   After an OS update, there are sometimes bits left from the old system that cause confusion.

2. Clear app caches.   Go into Settings|Storage|Device and hit Clear Cache.

3. Clear the system cache.   Press volume up and power to boot to the recovery menu.  Use the volume keys to navigate to Clear Cache and use the power button to select it.   The system should reboot on its own.   If it doesn't, there should also be a Restart option.

4. Do a factory reset.  Don't forget to sync your contents and calendar and back up content first.  If you have an sd card, remove it as the process sometimes formats them.

Before any OS update, it's always a good idea to make sure that app updates are complete, then clear recent apps and app caches. I also restart the device.  All this keeps the number of running processes as low as possible and the available resources high.   The chance of issues is reduced.