Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

At Home Broadband issue

esc111
Not applicable
First of all, their doesnt seem to be a forum for home broadband, which would be useful please Vodafone..

The issue I have is that vodafone home broadband is blocking access to www.linkedin.com this has only happened in the last few days and no other web site is affected. I have run tests using other computers and other networks, but the issue seems to be with the vodafone home broadband and within the BT infrastructure that supports it. See attached traceroute report.

It is possible this relates to the spam attacks on linkedin last week. How can this issue be resolved?
7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion

First of all, their doesnt seem to be a forum for home broadband, which would be useful please Vodafone..

The issue I have is that vodafone home broadband is blocking access to www.linkedin.com this has only happened in the last few days and no other web site is affected. I have run tests using other computers and other networks, but the issue seems to be with the vodafone home broadband and within the BT infrastructure that supports it. See attached traceroute report.

It is possible this relates to the spam attacks on linkedin last week. How can this issue be resolved?

esc1111,

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully i can answer a couple of your questions.
The reason there is no Vodafone @ Home forum is because Vodafone have contracted this section of the business to BT and therefore have a sepearate support team. The normalk support guys, both in the call center and on here don't have access to @Home on their systems. The @home team can be contacted via 08080 553 555 or calling 191 from your mobile and they should be able to put you through to the @Home team.

In terms of the site being 'blocked', it could be either the Vodafone@Home/Bt network thats causing the issue or it could be linkedin themselves that are blocking any requests originating from the Voda/BT network.

Can you try accessing linkedin via a proxy server, try proxify.com, this should bypass any 'blocks' from the Voda/Bt side of things thus helping to find exactly where the problem lies.

Let us know how you get on with that :)

Nabs

There is no Broadband @Home forum because Vodafone have contracted it to BT.   This is like Turkeys employing Father Christmas to try to stop Christmas!   I mean why would BT worry that Vodafone customers are having a hard time ?  They will be laughing their socks off as they boost the speeds of the BT customer next to that Vodafone complainer .

As I type this , I am using my mobile phone hotspot (NOT a vodafone mobile) as it is yet another evening with NO HOME BROADBAND

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@ssorcnivek I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your broadband and understand why you're frustrated.

So we can escalate this to our Broadband team for them to investigate further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

esc111
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I can access linkedin via proxify ok.

Nabs

Thanks for the reply. I can access linkedin via proxify ok.

Since you can access the site via proxy it would say to me that there is a block in place on the Vodafone/BT network. Your best option now would be to give the @home team a call and see if there is anything they are aware of + if they are working on a fix, in the mean time you can use a proxy but i must warn you they cannot always be secure so DON'T enter any personal details whilst using one.

You may also wish to contact linkedin support and let them know that there is some kind of block in place. They in turn may reassure Voda/BT to get it sorted out!

Let us know how you get on.

nabs

esc111
Not applicable
I also now connected ok using a T-mobile 3G dongle, so I will call @home when I get chance and let you know the response. I have advised linkedin, but no response for several days. Thanks

esc111
Not applicable
The @home support team responded very well and after a week their technical support concluded they couldn't find the problem and sent a replacement router; however the problem cleared without the new router and I can access the website again.