Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked VPN site

Iain_L
4: Newbie

Good afternoon, I recently moved to a Vodafone data contract to provide my home 4g broadband, and have discovered that the VPN I use  (HMA) seems to be blocked. I can never get to the website and it comes up with an SSL error every time. I can log onto the site from other providers, but not through Vodafone. Simplistic description I know, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas what might fix it (short of changing VPN at this stage)

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for this @Iain_L, we'll be more than happy to look into this for you. To help us with this, please pop us a link to the site you're having problems connecting to. If you could also confirm if you've got Securenet activated and if you have parental controls set up on your account. Once we've got this, we'll be able to investigate what's causing this problem.

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply.
I have turned off the parental controls on My Vodafone, and also on my router, a TP Link Archer MR600.

The VPN I am trying to reach is HMA, the website is https://www.hidemyass.com/en-gb/index.

I can get to their app itself fine on my iPad, but when using a Win 10 PC , any browser, (or my iPad through Firefox, Safari etc) I get an SSL error..

I can access the site through both EE (which I used to have) and Sky Mobile.

Iain

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for confirming @Iain_L - Also, can I ask, do you have Secure Net active on your Vodafone account? If you're not sure, this can be checked on your bills as it's a £1 monthly charge.

Hi Evie,

There  is no mention of SecureNet on my Bill, so I assume I don’t have it.

Iain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay @Iain_L, so that we can look into this further for you, please could you pop over an image of the error you receive when you try and access this site?

Hi Jack,
Just back from work and given it a go again. This morning it started working on my iPad through browsers, and now it has started working on Win 10. Not sure what you or HMA have managed to do, but everything seems good.

Many  thanks for the help

Iain

That's great to hear @Iain_L! If you do have any issues again, just drop us over some screenshots so we can check these out 😊