Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't Send/receive Email Or Access Some Sites

synuge
Not applicable
Hi,

I've happily been using my USB broadband dongle for about 6 weeks with no issues whatsoever. I have an email account with an ISP and I had configured Outlook to send and receive emails via the ISP.

Within the last week, however, I can no longer send or receive emails at all. In addition, I can't seem to access any website over https . If I connect to another wireless network everything works. Only when I use the Vodafone 3G network do I get these problems. I haven't consciously changed any settings recently but I guess I can't rule it out completely.

Does anyone have any idea where to look or what I can try? As I can't send/receive when I'm on the road it's somewhat of a showstopper. My netbook is running Windows XP SP3. My version of Mobile Connect Lite appears to be up to date.

Many thanks,

Simon
40 REPLIES 40

synuge
Not applicable
Help? Anyone?
I've looked at another, earlier post and the end result was the guy getting sent a replacement..!!!???

Surely there must be a better answer to this question.

C'mon vodafone.

geoffking39
Not applicable
Same for me as of last weekend no access to https sites (SSL) , Geoff .

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Everyone

Your concerns are definitely noted, this is something I will have to look into a bit further as I'm unaware of any active changes regarding SSL.

I'll follow this up and post back with an update as soon as I can.

In the meantime please could you post examples of the affected URL's.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

geoffking39
Not applicable

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Geoffking39,

I've tried this on my own Mobile Broadband connection and it worked fine - I'm beginning to think this may due to something else :huh:

As our Faults department is now closed, I will have a word with them tomorrow to see what's going on and if they've had any further examples of this. One of the team will be on to let you know as soon as we've heard anything :)

Daz

eForum Team

geoffking39
Not applicable
Daz thank you for the reply , it is not the initial access to those listed sites that is the problem but when they change from http to https , did you check after that point? i can supply my Broadband nu if reqd ,thanks Geoff .

JD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi geoffking39

Thanks for the extra information. I think we're going to need to have a more indepth look into how your account is connecting to the network. I've just sent you an email, if you reply we'll be in touch and get this working again for you asap.

For anyone else reading this who has a Vodafone usb modem, our help centre has lots of really useful information on the dedicated Mobile Broadband modem help pages.

Speak to you soon.

Cheers

J :)
eForum Team

davidmartin
Not applicable
Hi,

Yes I have the same problem....I cannot send or recieve email with MS outlook from BT Internet account, or use web mail at BT Internet ....www2.btbroadbandoffice.com

I have a Mobile Broadband USB.

I used to have an old Vodafone datacard...worked well for Outlook and Web mail for several years...just slow, so I upgraded.

The Laptop works fine with Wireless and Cable....just not via the Mobile Broadband. This is clearly a problem within the Vodafone setup.

I trust there will be some urgency in fixing the situation.

Regards, Dave

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Dave and welcome to the eForum

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems here.

We currently have some intermittent issues with our outgoing mail servers which is being investigated by our engineers.

Could you let us know what sort of errors you are getting with your webmail account? Don't worry I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team