cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can a SIM supplied with an R207 work in an R216 (to run 4G)

IanWaring
4: Newbie

There's a long story behind this - essentially moved house, had my Vodafone Connect terminated at the old address properly, but when it came to switch on my new one - oops, BT Openreach had rejected the original install request and it fell between the cracks inside the companyt 4 weeks before I moved in. Now i'm in, we had to process the order afresh, so I have no home phone or broadband until 3rd October.

Vodafone kindly gave me an R207 MiFi to tie me over, which I pay for the data on for a month (£30) until my Connect service is installed. Received it this afternoon, running it now, it is 3G only, good signal but dog slow (connected to two iPads and a Mac). Completely unusable. The associated app doesn't install on my Mac either, but the iOS app is fine.

If I manage to get an R216, will the same SIM work in it and give me 4G (I live in an area with a good 4G signal - RG8 9BD)?

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Ian W.

3 REPLIES 3

IanWaring
4: Newbie

755D48B5-CE79-499B-8579-269223A16FD6.jpeg

That’s when trying to update one app. Painfully slow...

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@IanWaring I've had a quick look into your area and can confirm you do have good 4G coverage. 

You should be able to use your current SIM card in your new device 🙂

If you swap over you devices and have any issues, be sure to post back onto this thread and we'll be able to assist you further. 

Thank you. Used the R207 until we found we could tether our iPads through our iPhones, and now have broadband proper - so mobile router in the cupboard.