Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled my Dongle Contract but No PAYG option

barryd999
4: Newbie

Yesterday I went through all my Vodafone bills for the last six months.  I have been out of the country and although I check them online I didnt notice that my Dongle bill had gone up five months ago from £7.50 to £15.00.  I was told this was because it had gone out of contract.  It would have been nice to have been told about this or at least offered a new contract but it seems the policy is to not say anything and hope the customer doesnt notice.

I was quite annoyed as I havent used it for the entire six months I was away but its still cost me £75 even though I didnt use it.  I didnt mind paying £7.50 just to keep it going but was unaware it had gone out of contract.  Anyway in response I just rang up and cancelled it.  No offer was made of any compensation or any attempt made to keep the account going.

I would actually like a pay as you go account as there may be months where I dont use it but then a month where I need it every day.  Does such a product exist?  I understand they all have 30 day limits on them now. 

2 REPLIES 2

webtechs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yes, Just go into a voda shop and ask for a PAYG Mobile Broadband SIM (actually it was the same price to get a new dongle too when I did it several months back). What you pay includes a month credit too. Keep your old dongle as a spare.

Currently they have a 30 day plan.  The amount you pay depends on the data allowance.