main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Change from NAT type 3 on PS4 using mobile dongle

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi. I’m playing on PlayStation 4 using a Huawei R219 dongle with the max account. 

My NAT type is 3 and it’s frequently laggy and hard to connect. Is there any way to change it to NAT type 2 please?

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @JeremyDEagle, we are aware of this issue and are working on it as quickly as we can. To help the team with their investigation, in your PS4, please go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status and attach a photo to this thread of the full page, we can then pass this along to them for you 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Beth here you go

View more options
Highlighted

That's awesome @JeremyDEagle Thanks! We'll pass this on to the team investigating this, it'll be used to help us fix this issue and as soon as we have a resolution, we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

View more options
Highlighted

is there any update on this? having a similar issue.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @sichal, what device are you using? Is the issue that you're having also on mobile data or home broadband? 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Mark,

I'm on 5g Mobile Broadband, I understand the issue is due to Vodafone not assigning static IPs due to the lack of IPv6. Is there a planned roll out for this as it's a major limiting factor in mobile broadband with Vodafone. 

Thanks,

Simon

View more options
Highlighted

@sichal Thank you! I've raised this to the dedicated team to investigate and once we have an updates we'll be sure to let you know.

For any updates on new roll-outs or upgrades to firmware keep an eye on our website and social channels 😊

View more options