Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change from NAT type 3 on PS4 using mobile dongle

JeremyDEagle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I’m playing on PlayStation 4 using a Huawei R219 dongle with the max account. 

My NAT type is 3 and it’s frequently laggy and hard to connect. Is there any way to change it to NAT type 2 please?

12 REPLIES 12

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JeremyDEagle, we are aware of this issue and are working on it as quickly as we can. To help the team with their investigation, in your PS4, please go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status and attach a photo to this thread of the full page, we can then pass this along to them for you 🙂

Hi Beth here you go

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's awesome @JeremyDEagle Thanks! We'll pass this on to the team investigating this, it'll be used to help us fix this issue and as soon as we have a resolution, we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

is there any update on this? having a similar issue.

Hi @sichal, what device are you using? Is the issue that you're having also on mobile data or home broadband? 🙂

Hi Mark,

I'm on 5g Mobile Broadband, I understand the issue is due to Vodafone not assigning static IPs due to the lack of IPv6. Is there a planned roll out for this as it's a major limiting factor in mobile broadband with Vodafone. 

Thanks,

Simon

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sichal Thank you! I've raised this to the dedicated team to investigate and once we have an updates we'll be sure to let you know.

For any updates on new roll-outs or upgrades to firmware keep an eye on our website and social channels 😊

Hi 

This NAT issue has crossed to ps5 also. 

Has there any progress that has been made?

Thanks

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for reaching out to us @E_HARRISON45. Unfortunately we haven't received any new information regarding the strict NAT type. As my colleagues have explained here previously, once we have any information we can pass on, we'll be sure to share it via this forum too. We really appreciate everyone's patience with this 👍