Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing NAT settings.

heptoxide
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I joined the vodafone family yesterday and hope to allow my nintendo switch for online playing. The NAT type claimed to be D, and detailed information provided by vodafone suggested it could be changed by changing the NAT setting from the mobilewifi home page. I searched tons of informations and have already setted the static IP address for my nintendo switch, however blocked in the final part: What is the source port and the destination port?!

Which two number should I entered in?!

11 REPLIES 11

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heptoxide Firstly welcome. :smileyhappy:

So we're able to assist your further with this, please drop us a message on Live Chat

Hi!

very thanks for willing to chat about this problem.

I tried to get the live chat through, but the link cannot be open....

Sorry for that!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heptoxide That's not a problem! :smileyhappy:

Please try this link - let us know how you get on.

Hi Alex, very thanks for your help there. I actually have already made several phone calls and chat with some else online. But my problem did not be solved. I also when to the local vodafone store yesterday but unfortunately the technician is during his holiday. Moreover, I chatted online with an American nintendo switch staff, we tried to set the NAT and DMZ but problem still remain unsolved. Since he seems to have limited acknowledgement towards British vodafone service, possibly today or tomorrow,  I will phone UK nintendo switch staffs. Hope the NAT type could changed from D to at least B..... 

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @heptoxide

Did you set your static IP address on the Nintendo Switch itself or through the router settings?

Thanks

Yes I have already set my static IP, by following the instruction of Nintendo switch. Cheers!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heptoxide It looks like you'd also need to set the Static IP on the router.

You can do this by logging into your router menu:

- Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1

- Enter the password - vodafone

- In the top right, change this mode to expert mode

- Then click on the settings tab

- Once in the settings tab, click on the IPv4 drop down

- Scroll down to the setting which is called Static DHCP - Home Network

- From the drop down list, select the device

- Select an IP address to use - this will need to start with 192.168.1.X (the X being where you'll need to select your own number, between 2-254)

- Once this has been done, click apply :smileyhappy:

Thanks for telling me this! I will try your method tonight! I will let you know about the results!

Thank you sooooooooo much!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome @heptoxide😃

Let us know how you get on.