Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Clarification Please on Mobile Broadband and EU Travel Time Limitations

PaulJoan5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Vodafone seems wildly inconsistent with the information its sales representatives and agents are providing me with regards to European Roaming.

I have recently arrived in Europe for a 4 month trip and my intention is to use my 50GB Vodafone Mobile Broadband SIM throughout this trip as an essential tool to keep connected. I have been told twice by store staff, twice by 'Live Chat' and via phone that I can do this, no problems at all.

However, the terms and conditions clearly state:

"We’ll send you a text requesting you moderate your usage in our Roam-free destinations if you use them for a total of 2 months or more during any 4-month period."

(https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/calling-and-travelling-abroad/vodafo...)

Are Live Chat agents , Store and call centre Staff deliberately misleading customers?  (I have screenshots)

Should I expect my to be limited to 2 months or should I expect to get the 4 months I require from the SIM?

Will the fact that I have been sold the SIM and have written and verbal confirmation that I should be able to use the SIM for 4 months have any bearing on the above should I be cut off?

Are Vodafone simply not policing this?

Confirmation of Vodafone's position on this would be helpful and experience of anyone else having spent beyond 2 months in Europe.

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies that you were misadvised with using your Mobile Broadband SIM abroad @PaulJoan5.

As you've stated, in the Ts&Cs it does confirm that we'll ask you to moderate your usage when in our Roam-free destinations if used for 2 months or more during a 4 month period. Any usage after this time from a 2 week period from when we contact you, there may be further charges or a bar placed on your roaming services.

I'm very sorry to see that you weren't advised this when you contacted us previously :Sad_face:

We'll be happy to feed this back internally to ensure this is passed on to the relevant departments - so we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.